Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MCU died, so no update for me...

That sucks! You aren't missing much in this 2020.16.2.1 update for AP1/MCU1 people:
o1TiigJ.jpg

Is anyone on AP1 having issues with AP hugging the left lane when activated? I'm still battling this issue and Tesla has told me its a firmware issue, but I have not seen anyone post on this. Anyone with AP1 can help confirm this or not, may have to file a dispute with Tesla to get this fixed as its a major safety issue. I've taken the car in twice and only thing completed was the front camera calibration.

TIA!

Yes, especially when there is a k wall and no shoulder as is often the case in SoCal.

Occasionaly wants to get too close to Semis on the right as well.

Hand is always on the wheel in these cases. I pretend it is the Bernoulli factor, it acts the same way.

Driving a loaner X with AP2. Loads of phantom braking. I like AP1 better.

It really annoys me that Tesla obfuscate the updates that actually mean the most to all of us. While having Backgammon updated to be more challenging to play is absolutely critical, I feel knowing that Tesla is actively working on real things that mean something to how the car is advancing would be so much more valuable. I also completely understand the optics of publishing this information could be damaging ("Reduced maximum vehicle range to mitigate spontaneous combustion"), however I think there are ways Tesla could deliver this information in a pragmatic way that makes it easier for all of us to understand.
/rant

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
It really annoys me that Tesla obfuscate the updates that actually mean the most to all of us. While having Backgammon updated to be more challenging to play is absolutely critical, I feel knowing that Tesla is actively working on real things that mean something to how the car is advancing would be so much more valuable. I also completely understand the optics of publishing this information could be damaging ("Reduced maximum vehicle range to mitigate spontaneous combustion"), however I think there are ways Tesla could deliver this information in a pragmatic way that makes it easier for all of us to understand.
/rant

While I fully support the statements made above, the way you put it reminds me of something, maybe forum name....

Is anyone on AP1 having issues with AP hugging the left lane when activated? I'm still battling this issue and Tesla has told me its a firmware issue, but I have not seen anyone post on this. Anyone with AP1 can help confirm this or not, may have to file a dispute with Tesla to get this fixed as its a major safety issue. I've taken the car in twice and only thing completed was the front camera calibration.

TIA!
No, never a problem for me.