Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be nice (maybe wishful thinking) if Tesla would give us a good trade-in value for a new 2020 Tesla S.

Or any other Tesla. I would certainly take him up on the offer. It will never happen but would accomplish a few things: gets older Tesla batteries off the road, free up the "free supercharging". Fair market value for my trade plus a 20% discount on a new purchase... I'm in!

Reactions: RobK
1. Good wifi (solid 3+ bars)
2. Set the aggressive setting for firmware updates in the car settings.

worst case

3. Open ticket with Tesla to ask for an update to be pushed

Just received 2020.20.17 update on my Tesla S after a long time. No new functionality but "Bug fixes and minor improvements".
Could it just be a coincidence that I got the update right after I rebooted the car? We get strong WiFi signal in our garage as we have Google fiber with Gigabit speed.

Just received 2020.20.17 update on my Tesla S after a long time. No new functionality but "Bug fixes and minor improvements".
Could it just be a coincidence that I got the update right after I rebooted the car? We get strong WiFi signal in our garage as we have Google fiber with Gigabit speed.
rebooting the car usually increases my odds of getting an update. For the last couple weeks I kept checking for updates via the software tab and it said I was up to date with the advanced feature selected. Checked again and still up to date, reboot & I got an update shortly after. Hardly doubt its a coincidence as its happened several times.

Different wireless access points have different speeds. Most these days are dual frequency. The 5GHz channel is usually faster than the 2.4 GHz, but ~350 MBS is relatively fast for wireless. It's possible the car is on the other channel from your phone, but it should be fast enough.

You want th
is there a different type of reset from the two scroll wheels and the two top buttons for the IC?

You want the scroll wheels for MCU reboot, unless you have a newer car, in which case the scroll wheels do both.

If you have MCU1, every time you update or reboot, you are stressing the emmc chip in the MCU.

The chances that new updates will do anything positive for older cars is getting slim, while there is evidence that updates have negative effects, hence this thread

Attachments

• 6186C3BB-B36E-474A-BC2E-E882EF1B3C18.jpeg
    6186C3BB-B36E-474A-BC2E-E882EF1B3C18.jpeg
    495.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 6AE6C362-D792-42F6-8A34-5E4C5421012A.jpeg
    6AE6C362-D792-42F6-8A34-5E4C5421012A.jpeg
    296.2 KB · Views: 76
First time seeing the airbag on the cluster
Thanks. In my previous experiences, this meant the MCU1 was partially crashing. Usually, it was followed by loss of sounds (eg from blinkers), sometimes loss of LTE connectivity with the usual consequences (ie nav tile updates not happening, streaming interrupted).

As this updates seems to be sent to AP1 car in particular: did you notice any difference in AP behavior ?

thanks