Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you sure that twitter post is talking about AP1? Tesla hasn't really touched that for awhile and has no access to the mobile eye firmware. My nags still seem to be 60 ish seconds, but they do instantly pop up at overpasses if I'm not applying pressure. So maybe if you're in an area with overpasses every 10 seconds you'll see that.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Are you sure that twitter post is talking about AP1? Tesla hasn't really touched that for awhile and has no access to the mobile eye firmware. My nags still seem to be 60 ish seconds, but they do instantly pop up at overpasses if I'm not applying pressure. So maybe if you're in an area with overpasses every 10 seconds you'll see that.

No, I'm not sure, that's why I asked here :)
I thought that the nag was dependent on s/w version and the region (due to regional regulations) and not AP versions? I can be wrong if someone can confirm otherwise. Mine is 30 seconds currently for sure, not 60s. What s/w version are you on?

Just got a notification for 2020.32.3. Looks like the push is starting.

Hopefully we'll see some window notifications or ability to automatically roll the damn things up upon exit.
I just hope they fix the Bluetooth bugs the reintroduced with the most recent revert. They were there for months and then I was happy when they were gone for a bit after an update but one of the more recent updates must have reverted to a previous Bluetooth state because iiiiit's baaaAaack!

I just hope they fix the Bluetooth bugs the reintroduced with the most recent revert. They were there for months and then I was happy when they were gone for a bit after an update but one of the more recent updates must have reverted to a previous Bluetooth state because iiiiit's baaaAaack!

I wonder if your MCU1 is dying? Bluetooth connection drops is on the list of signs that your eMMC is starting to fail and if it happens every other update then 1 of your partitions could be getting ready to die. I think mine is getting ready to die since it is starting to show the sign of map tiles not drawing and and losing connectivity. 2016 90D with 50k miles.

It does look like 2020.32.3 is rolling out even to us old timers with MCU1/AP1. I am hesitant to update since I want Tesla to check my logs to see why my MCU1 is acting up and hopefully get something fixed under warranty.

Which Bluetooth bugs? I haven’t had an issue with Bluetooth.
The one where the volume drops on the device and you have to manually press the volume button to increase it again. I haven't yet noticed it between songs the way it used to but I'm still having to turn it back up once again on re-connects. I haven't tested it a bunch but I noticed it on my most recent drive.

I wonder if your MCU1 is dying? Bluetooth connection drops is on the list of signs that your eMMC is starting to fail and if it happens every other update then 1 of your partitions could be getting ready to die. I think mine is getting ready to die since it is starting to show the sign of map tiles not drawing and and losing connectivity. 2016 90D with 50k miles.

It does look like 2020.32.3 is rolling out even to us old timers with MCU1/AP1. I am hesitant to update since I want Tesla to check my logs to see why my MCU1 is acting up and hopefully get something fixed under warranty.
I'm not talking about BT drops specifically (although it's been pretty common occasion across all 5 of my MCU1 cars now) but something else that has been discussed quite a bit in their own dedicated threads where songs will drop to like 20% at times between tracks or upon reconnect. This was fixed recently but seemed like it was doing it again so I may need to test some more before I claim it's fully returned though.

I'm not talking about BT drops specifically (although it's been pretty common occasion across all 5 of my MCU1 cars now) but something else that has been discussed quite a bit in their own dedicated threads where songs will drop to like 20% at times between tracks or upon reconnect. This was fixed recently but seemed like it was doing it again so I may need to test some more before I claim it's fully returned though.

Gotcha! i was just guessing what the problem might be since you didn't list it in the original post. Come to think of it mine does something very similar with Bluetooth where its like the volume down button is constantly being pressed and i cant raise the volume because it will just go back down again. I have to disconnect my device and reconnect it for it to work right,I forgot I had that issue since i hardly drive my car since COVID.

Changelog attached

Attachments

• 7B4682C2-1539-412A-BA70-8EC489029DC7.jpeg
    7B4682C2-1539-412A-BA70-8EC489029DC7.jpeg
    891.3 KB · Views: 87