Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received the “gift” of 2020.48.12.1 last night.

Sitting at the Gettysburg (v3) SC right now. Arrived at 8% SoC. Initial ramp-up hit 106 kW but it was not sustained.

Down to 82 kW at 10% and steadily dropped. At 25%, only 64 kW. At 45%, 55 kW. Currently at 57% with 44 kW. Back in October I was seeing SoC + kW of 105 to 110, now it is lower.

Battery is at 102F. Ambient temp 42F and rain. Set the SC as destination and got some preheating so the terrible rates were from an one cold battery pack.

Looks like 2020.48.12.1 cuts SC speeds again.

Installed last night and it factory restored my car. Pissed.

All trip meters, all driver profiles, all settings - gone.

In my aggravation, I didn’t take a pic of the changelog as it appeared on screen, but it listed navigation improvements and text messaging improvements. Also interestingly, my IC showed “Regenerative Braking improvements - Regen increased”. Can’t tell if regen is new, or just because it was factory reset and posted the absolute change from production, and not the marginal change from another version.

I should be able to get a supercharge capture tomorrow to confirm/deny the suspicions of @BigNick

In my aggravation, I didn’t take a pic of the changelog as it appeared on screen, but it listed navigation improvements and text messaging improvements. Also interestingly, my IC showed “Regenerative Braking improvements - Regen increased”. Can’t tell if regen is new, or just because it was factory reset and posted the absolute change from production, and not the marginal change from another version.

I should be able to get a supercharge capture tomorrow to confirm/deny the suspicions of @BigNick

When I did a factory reset 2 weeks ago on 2020.40.9.2 I also got the message about Navigation improvements and improved braking regeneration. "Regenerative braking has been improved" on "Legacy" 2015 S70D thoughts So I think it has to do with your factory reset and not the 2020.48.x.x patch itself. :)

• Informative
Reactions: dark cloud
Reactions: vdiv
Tesla has switched to Reverse Polish Notation.

Okay, I found the Polish button, but I can't see a reverse button anywhere...

IMG_1331.JPG

Have you driven enough to see if regen braking actually improved? It looks like there is only one person reporting actually feeling the improvement after seeing the notification.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Received the “gift” of 2020.48.12.1 last night.

Sitting at the Gettysburg (v3) SC right now. Arrived at 8% SoC. Initial ramp-up hit 106 kW but it was not sustained.

Down to 82 kW at 10% and steadily dropped. At 25%, only 64 kW. At 45%, 55 kW. Currently at 57% with 44 kW. Back in October I was seeing SoC + kW of 105 to 110, now it is lower.

Battery is at 102F. Ambient temp 42F and rain. Set the SC as destination and got some preheating so the terrible rates were from an one cold battery pack.

Looks like 2020.48.12.1 cuts SC speeds again.

Quick summary of my SuC test. Compared to 2020.20.1, 2020.40.9.2 seemed to be slightly slower up to 40% SoC, but the same up to 70% SoC.

(SoC/new rate/old rate)

30/78/93
40/70/77
50/62/63
60/50/48
70/42/44
80/33/?

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18

I got a surprise factory reset with the update too. Do not install this update unless you have an extra garage door opener in your car, I almost got locked out of my own house since my saved home links were removed with the reset. Lost all my saved profiles.

I got a surprise factory reset with the update too. Do not install this update unless you have an extra garage door opener in your car, I almost got locked out of my own house since my saved home links were removed with the reset. Lost all my saved profiles.

I am curious as why the same firmware release has different effect on different Model S cars?

I updated my 2015 Model S 85 car (with about 20K miles) with the latest firmware update (2020.48.12.1) couple of days ago and everything seems to be the same as before. My car opened and closed the garage door automatically as before and none of the settings were reset as mentioned by some people. I charged the car last night to 80% overnight and it charged to 237 miles as before. Of course it hummed for an hour after it completed charging, as before.

I am curious as why the same firmware release has different effect on different Model S cars?

I updated my 2015 Model S 85 car (with about 20K miles) with the latest firmware update (2020.48.12.1) couple of days ago and everything seems to be the same as before. My car opened and closed the garage door automatically as before and none of the settings were reset as mentioned by some people. I charged the car last night to 80% overnight and it charged to 237 miles as before. Of course it hummed for an hour after it completed charging, as before.

Weird.. similar P85D with 50km (30k miles'ish) and it never 'hums' after a charge. Only hums (like a jet plane) when in Insane+ mode or after a ton of launches.

Got a chance to supercharge on this 48.12.1...

Got 9 minutes in to an charging session and some guy popped on next to me, cutting my charge rate down to 64kW. This is less than half of the cabinet's listed 150kW capability. Wtf? Complete and utter BS they changed up the V2 supercharging behavior.

That said - 9 mins of data was still 9 mins. Got the same V2 behaviour as previous updates... 10-31% ramp up to 110kW, then got split stall screwed at 32%.

Ramp up curlve looked the same, so don't expect too much different on the ramp down.

Unrelated: in the changelog of previously added features I see listed the ability to select available displayed audio sources. Yet when I go to audio settings, I “sources” is not available as the 4th category :/ Did Tesla just Tesla this, or am I missing something?