Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got 2020.48.35.5 on 01/21/21 for our 2015 AP1 S85 here in germany.

I supercharged the car on V2 from 5 to 80% and took a video, including Scan My Tesla live data.
No change in charging speed and BMS behaviour compared to earlier versions.

- Software 2020.48.35.5
- 2 deg. celsius outside temp
- 38 deg. celsius initial battery temp
- 12 stall Supercharger station with only me charging

Thankfully someone who pulls the strings came to their senses and rectified someone elses ridiculous decision.
My personal version of Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute any change to someone making a deliberate decision, either for the original behavior or the new behavior." It could be that the smaller font sizes were a bug that wasn't intended and later went away by chance when a newer version of some library was integrated into the build.

Edit: of course, bigger changes in UI sometimes usually are deliberate, and then you have to use Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Good on ya sorka. I'm still on 18.36.2 . (2015 P85D)

I was tempted a while back when ppl said they have no problems with newer firmware, but I keep seeing posts about crippled SC, higher security, etc, with no substantive improvements.

I'll get a newer car before I get MCU2, probably another salvage to rebuild and probably the newer design about to come out if the Whiz Kid isn't buying them all up.

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
My car intermittently been throwing an error "Car may not restart" with the code BMS_w035. I first saw this "car may not restart" popup and go away after getting my 12v replaced, mcu2 upgraded and some charge port items replaced. Then today after preheating car and backing out of the garage it flashed again. Googling I've seen issues ranging from 12v problems, to HV harness, HV battery replacement and drive unit fails. I've driven around 4k miles since I originally saw it but now that it popped up again today and maybe I should be more concerned lol.

• Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston
My car intermittently been throwing an error "Car may not restart" with the code BMS_w035. I first saw this "car may not restart" popup and go away after getting my 12v replaced, mcu2 upgraded and some charge port items replaced. Then today after preheating car and backing out of the garage it flashed again. Googling I've seen issues ranging from 12v problems, to HV harness, HV battery replacement and drive unit fails. I've driven around 4k miles since I originally saw it but now that it popped up again today and maybe I should be more concerned lol.

When mine had error (BMS_w035) a few months ago they had to replace the battery heater, my guess is that is what your problem is. Mine was under warranty so I cant give you a ballpark price on it. But I think you dont see the error unless your battery is really cold to use the heater. You could probably force it to come on by setting your destination to a supercharger to have your battery pre-heat and throw the code. Best of luck.

...care to share a picture? ;):D

Sure...It is available on Tesla | Apparel Men
IMG_0780.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: KalJoMoS and oaito
That's an isolation fault in one of the motors. There's a drive unit replacement in your near future.
Source: Been there, done that, was 5 hours away from home when it happened.

Interesting, I've been driving the car and all seems normal. I submitted my error and they scheduled me for next Saturday so I guess we'll see what happens.
I had that error pop up on occasion for a few months before anything happened. I would get in the car, it would pop up, then go away a few seconds later. Eventually, and maybe not cooinsidentally after a 5 hour drive, the car went into "limp mode" as the service center called it. The acceleration was very limited and regen was completely unavailable. Luckily the area I was visiting had a service center near by and I was able to drive the car to it without even getting on a highway.

Quick update. I submit a ticket with the error code the other day. For the heck of it today I was looking inside the car notifications today and noticed something interesting. I could see they did some remote diagnostic test but it appears to have happened prior to my ticket as if it was doing it on own. Maybe waiting til I connected to wifi. Looks like they determined it to be the battery heater. Appointment next week so we'll see if that's what it ends up being.
i-qrgZ82Q-XL.jpg

i-m7skHFF-X3.jpg

Question for my fellow AP1/classic owners regarding the eMMC recall. My car is not included in the recall when I search my VIN. Is anyone else in the same boat?

VIN Recall Search | Tesla Service

8GB eMMC Recall Frequently Asked Questions

I wonder if it’s because they somehow know I got my eMMC upgraded third party. I’d still like to get reimbursed for that.

My AP1 2016.5 75D does not yet at any rate, show up on the recall list, although they did send me the email.