Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was set to "Rated Miles" and with that setting you get 235 miles @80% for your 2015 S85?

That's 294 miles at 100%. Not possible!

I don't think you can divide 235 by .8 to calculate milage at 100%. IMHO the battery capacity is non-linear after you reach 75 or 80%. On my trip to Verona, WI from Overland Park, KS I used to charge the battery to 100% and the indicator would show 267 miles.

Agreed with all of this but it still seems they could have done all of it w/o moving the gear indicator line from the right to the left.

(Picking a random UI message to reply to)

I spent a lot of yesterday driving around on 2020.48.37.1 (which was new to me, coming from 2020.40.1). I have to say for all of the drama around moving PRND I actually didn't find it that big of a deal. Yeah I wish they hadn't done this completely gratuitous UI change, but it didn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would.

It's not clear to me if they changed the shade of gray for PRND. I found the letters that were not selected to be hard to read, and I don't remember that from before. The blue "D" for autopilot is good...it's additional reinforcement for when you've got AP engaged.

I think I like the new arrangement of items at the top of the IC, although the autopilot steering wheel runs into the stuff on the left-hand panel.

One thing that really bugs the heck out of me is the new font for the bottom of the IC that has the digit "0" so rounded that it looks like the letter "O". I found that extremely distracting. Compare the "Car Off" text with say "60%" on the battery meter.

I kinda miss the "T" at the top of the CID. It's not obvious to me why they took it out (and yet they saw fit to mention in the release notes).

I think Spotify works a little better. I liked the additional information for Superchargers on the Nav map (stall count, pin turns grey when a site is full, as occasionally happens here in the SF Bay Area).

Bruce.

This article by WK, is very informative. Highly recommend to read it, paying attention to the copyright notice of course.

Range gate might be going away, I have seen an increasing trend since the last few updates.

See my signature, updated this AM:
I have seen an increase of nearly 20 KM (12 miles) of range "come back" in the past 2 months. 2/3 of my range loss has returned, slowly. It is balancing, as stated in wk057's paper. Now, if we could only get the Supercharging speed fixed......

According to WK, no chance of that.

The double impact of Chargegate and regengate tell me the only way to get faster charging is to have a warm batt, say 90 deg F or higher, and a low SoC.

I have never been below 26%, but will aim lower once I travel again.

The 267 number? But what was it updated from?
Screenshot_20210225-082322.png

SMT, Scan My Tesla.

I check it every morning. The pack capacity and RM vary a bit with changes in temp and cell balance.

You don't see this in Teslafi.

• Informative
Reactions: vdiv