Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those still on MCU1:

wow, seems like 6 months since the last update, but that was only 2 months ago.

7 months into 2021 and still states 2020 update: 2020.48.37.6.

Anyone else? Anything exciting? Nothing broken?
Haven't gone through the whole touchscreen or driven yet, but what is this? Subscription to what? Premium connectivity?

Is Tidal finally coming?

IMG_1755.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_1754.PNG
    IMG_1754.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
I'm still on 2020.20.1. Don't want my supercharging to get slower than it already is.
Well if we could go back in time a few years ago to a V9 update I would agree with you, but I am not sure if it is any slower now than a year ago. If anything it may be a bit better, but just going off of memory and not having any hard facts or numbers here.

I do know the whole code must be a little better written and more efficient, as the browser (almost) works now, and before it wouldn't even load, not that I have ever used it anyway. It has been said there is less logging on the eMMC, so hopefully the replaced one lasts longer, hopefully all the other parts in the old MCU1 as well, like the navigation flash etc. So I will keep updating.

Its crazy to me that AP1/MCU1 is stuck on 2020.48.X.X build that was a branch from 8 months ago and makes me curious if MCU1 will ever get V11 (although some people wish they are still on v9).

I upgraded to MCU2 and have the 2021.4.18.2 and with my 90 pack I have semi-fast supercharging speeds. Below is my SCv2 Speeds:
1626269431147.png

If you guys want to check car types vs firmware charging curves, this link might work for you:

So you can choose between a fast charging pack that loses a lot of range over time (the 90) or a slower charging pack that retains more range (the 85). Sounds equally bad to me :cool:

My 90 pack has never degraded. The 90% was 268 new, and it was still 267 until a firmware update that reduced the range came out a couple of years ago (due a the battery fire in China). It now charges to 261, but my WH/Mi have dropped from around 285 to 268 (I have no idea why). Driving any distance on mostly flat terrain starting at 90% charge, when I get to my destination the estimated range remaining + the miles driven usually equals closer to 267 than 261.

I don't supercharge very often. On my last road trip I had more problems with sick superchargers than the car being throttled.

The only thing I want is for Bluetooth to not break itself over time, requiring a reboot. And for album art to work again. It's stable enough otherwise.
I might have a fix for you with album art/media glitching.

Apologies if you've already tried this.

Go into service and take note of your wheel configuration. If you're on 19's, change to 21 or vice versa. The car will reboot but it's not a normal reboot. It's a bit of a hard reset. After it comes back up, go into service again and change your wheel size back to what it was and it will reboot again.

I had a lot of issues with either the wrong media/album art showing or nothing at all and that reset appears to have solved my problems. Skipping ahead multiple songs is super responsive now. It used to be when I skipped 3 or 4 songs ahead, it would lag and then I'd get a loading error.

Hope this helps

I might have a fix for you with album art/media glitching.

Apologies if you've already tried this.

Go into service and take note of your wheel configuration. If you're on 19's, change to 21 or vice versa. The car will reboot but it's not a normal reboot. It's a bit of a hard reset. After it comes back up, go into service again and change your wheel size back to what it was and it will reboot again.

I had a lot of issues with either the wrong media/album art showing or nothing at all and that reset appears to have solved my problems. Skipping ahead multiple songs is super responsive now. It used to be when I skipped 3 or 4 songs ahead, it would lag and then I'd get a loading error.

Hope this helps
Seriously? I'm going to go do that right now. Of course with my reboot issues, it might take an hour before it's back up but if this works I'll be so happy.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
I'm still on 2020.20.1. Don't want my supercharging to get slower than it already is.

Charge gate was reverted, this has been discussed already. My supercharging (2016 facelift 90D) is actually faster than it was the year I got the car. Now I get up to 150kW when the old 2016 cap was 115kW. You're also missing out on supercharger pre-heating.