Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In another note just got this notice of me software available.

Attachments

• 20210817_173248.jpg
    20210817_173248.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 96

@rsg123, what year is your car? I thought that even the real old ones could get a upgrade.​

The HEPA filter came with the 2016 refresh that brought the new nose. There were several changes up there including the smaller frunk to allow for the extra equipment in front of the firewall. The gap in the nose on the refresh cars is the inlet for the HEPA filter and the filter mounts on the back of the frunk tub.

Refresh cars that didn't have the HEPA option originally probably could be upgraded fairly easily with parts from a wreck or possibly by Tesla if you want to pay for it. But the "classic" nose Model S would require replacing the entire nose with a refresh nose. Even the hood is a bit different between the refresh and original, so that would have to change too.

Fellow classic S owners: we don’t have the HEPA option, and the wildfire smoke is crazy in NorCal. Does anyone have a cabin air filter that works for this? I currently have a K&N cabin air filter and I don’t think it’s filtering any of the smoke out.

Hi, I am using a slightly longer Filter by shortening it with a sharp cutter by 1-2 folds: FP 2747 MANN Filter Do not know about wildfire, it works here with not smelling Diesel cars around me in the city or slurry in the countryside. :) Since the Filter is rather small depending on your usage one need to change it at least once a year or even more often. On a side note: there are small arrows indicating the airflow into the car, in my S85 the air flows from down up. BR oaito.

Not sure. I pretty much either listen to Spotify or the radio. I had lots of issues with TuneIn prior to my MCU2 upgrade so I rarely use it now just out of habit. But Spotify (and of course FM radio) works fine for me.

My daughter does use her phone's Bluetooth to play music sometimes as well and it works great.