Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got 2020.48.37.8 last night. AP1 & MCU1. No idea what it did. Probably "cold weather improvements" again. For the sixtieth time.
i'm already on that one, but I just went to check, and low and behold I have a software update to download.

Setting the departure from the app would be nice. Hopefully the "cold weather improvements" are no worse this winter, regen wise.

edit: I stand corrected; I was on 2020.48.37.6
need to look a little more closely :)

Last edited:
On MCU2 I got 2021.36. I have had to reboot the car due to screens not turning on. I was in a time crunch and oddly the phone app was connecting fine so I got the air conditioning going. Car was moving - and behaving as expected (aside from no screens) so I just drove a mile to get my kids and rebooted at the destination. Car behaved normally after reboot.

1634220606049.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Droschke
On MCU2 I got 2021.36. I have had to reboot the car due to screens not turning on. I was in a time crunch and oddly the phone app was connecting fine so I got the air conditioning going. Car was moving - and behaving as expected (aside from no screens) so I just drove a mile to get my kids and rebooted at the destination. Car behaved normally after reboot.

View attachment 721386

Is your MCU2 an upgraded one from MCU1?

AP1/MCU2(upgrade) just received 2021.36.5 (was on 2021.36 previously)

Release notes :
"Mobile app improvements: you can now adjust Charge Current, Scheduled Departure or Scheduled Charging at your car's current location from the Tesla app. Note this functionality requires mobile app version 4.1.0"

Anyone with AP1 and experience with windshield replacements? I scheduled my safelite replacement and they sent me several warnings that the camera may need calibration at the dealership. I don’t see windshield calibration options in the menu that I have heard about in this forum, so I think this might be a MCU2 feature.

Last edited:
Anyone with AP1 and experience with windshield replacements? I scheduled my safelite replacement and they sent me several warnings that the camera may need calibration at the dealership. I don’t see windshield calibration options in the menu that I have heard about in this forum, so I think this might be a MCU2 feature.
I don't know that the camera needs to be recalibrated (although I have heard this from Safelite before) but I do believe Tesla replaces the rain sensor on these older cars each time they replace the windshield to prevent rain sensing wiper issues. May want to research both of those a little more before proceeding.

Reactions: rsg123
Currently on 2021.36.5 and I just noticed something interesting. I can now slowly drive the car without putting my seatbelt on and the car doesn't try to put itself in park anymore. I don't think I used to be able to get more than a few feet before it abruptly came to a stop before.

Currently on 2021.36.5 and I just noticed something interesting. I can now slowly drive the car without putting my seatbelt on and the car doesn't try to put itself in park anymore. I don't think I used to be able to get more than a few feet before it abruptly came to a stop before.
That doesn’t sound right - I can drive down my back lane at any speed without a seat belt on and it doesn’t go into park (yes, up to and including the legal speed limit). I do this to dry off the discs after a wash

Are you on the lighter side - I.e. I wonder if the seat sensor thinks you got out?

It also only happens up to 3mph unless something has changed. This is a safety feature to put cars in park that were left in "D" or "R" and the occupant disembarked the vehicle w/o putting it in "P" first. If the seatbelt is on it's not very likely the person got out of the car. I did lots of testing with this when we got our first Model S years ago when I had a surprising and stressful incident occur in an automatic car wash. Fortunately nothing bad happened but it could have.

Solution: just put on your seatbelt immediately upon getting into the car and this never happens.

I swear it didn't work like that for me before. Seated and door closed, just moving the car in or out of garage at <3MPH speeds it seemed like the car would want to abruptly go into P anytime I could, even if the car was still rolling a little. Also maybe it was corrected in another version as I just got used to buckling up to avoid this issue. Just kind of realized the change by accident.