Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I swear it didn't work like that for me before. Seated and door closed, just moving the car in or out of garage at <3MPH speeds it seemed like the car would want to abruptly go into P anytime I could, even if the car was still rolling a little. Also maybe it was corrected in another version as I just got used to buckling up to avoid this issue. Just kind of realized the change by accident.
Another note to what I stated above is that it also requires no pressure on brake or accelerator. You can slightly touch either one and it will keep this from happening even if unbuckled. That was the confusing part for me when I first discovered this because it seemed sporadic. After testing I was able to determine that (once I was aware of all parameters it took into account) every instance where the car threw itself into park at low speeds was explainable and avoidable.

I swear it didn't work like that for me before. Seated and door closed, just moving the car in or out of garage at <3MPH speeds it seemed like the car would want to abruptly go into P anytime I could, even if the car was still rolling a little. Also maybe it was corrected in another version as I just got used to buckling up to avoid this issue. Just kind of realized the change by accident.

My partner was driving my car for a few days when hers was in the shop. She complained the car went into park several times when she was backing it out of the garage without the seatbelt on, but it worked fine for me. I concluded must have been sitting in such a way that the seat sensor didn't feel her weight properly.

My partner was driving my car for a few days when hers was in the shop. She complained the car went into park several times when she was backing it out of the garage without the seatbelt on, but it worked fine for me. I concluded must have been sitting in such a way that the seat sensor didn't feel her weight properly.
In this particular scenario you likely rode either the break or the accelerator pedal as it's coasting out. In which case it doesn't matter if you're buckled or not because the car senses that somebody's in the driver's seat pressing on the brake or accelerator pedal even if it's just barely. She was probably just letting the car coast under its own power without applying any pressure to the brake or accelerator pedal.

In this particular scenario you likely rode either the break or the accelerator pedal as it's coasting out. In which case it doesn't matter if you're buckled or not because the car senses that somebody's in the driver's seat pressing on the brake or accelerator pedal even if it's just barely. She was probably just letting the car coast under its own power without applying any pressure to the brake or accelerator pedal.

When pulling the car out of the garage I probably do keep my foot on the accelerator, but in a neutral position after the initial nudge to get the car going.

At the time she was driving it I also was having some spurious unable to charge messages come up. I looked at the log after she drove the car and there were a slew of messages that both the accelerator and brake were pushed at the same time. She has lightning reflexes (she was tested as part of a battery of tests 2 years ago and the tester said she had the reflexes of a 25 year old gamer, even though she's significantly older than that) and she flips from brake to accelerator too fast. I've noticed I get warning messages when I let go of one and switch to the other too fast. I know my foot wasn't on both at once, but the car has a lag in realizing one has been released.

She may have let off the accelerator entirely pulling out of the garage.

When pulling the car out of the garage I probably do keep my foot on the accelerator, but in a neutral position after the initial nudge to get the car going.

At the time she was driving it I also was having some spurious unable to charge messages come up. I looked at the log after she drove the car and there were a slew of messages that both the accelerator and brake were pushed at the same time. She has lightning reflexes (she was tested as part of a battery of tests 2 years ago and the tester said she had the reflexes of a 25 year old gamer, even though she's significantly older than that) and she flips from brake to accelerator too fast. I've noticed I get warning messages when I let go of one and switch to the other too fast. I know my foot wasn't on both at once, but the car has a lag in realizing one has been released.

She may have let off the accelerator entirely pulling out of the garage.
Most likely. Easy solution is to just get in the habit of putting on the seatbelt the moment you sit in the car before putting it in gear. Then your pedal behavior doesn't matter.

Reactions: Barry
Just in case anyone is wondering, Tesla is still a chicken with its head cut off in regards to recall eMMC vs discount MCU2 upgrade.

Despite the fact that MCU2 shares 50%+ labor with recall eMMC upgrade, Tesla can’t grasp the concept of discounting the MCU2 upgrade in place of getting the eMMC recall service done.

Reactions: Droschke
Just in case anyone is wondering, Tesla is still a chicken with its head cut off in regards to recall eMMC vs discount MCU2 upgrade.

Despite the fact that MCU2 shares 50%+ labor with recall eMMC upgrade, Tesla can’t grasp the concept of discounting the MCU2 upgrade in place of getting the eMMC recall service done.

When I upgraded they had just discounted the upgrade $500. They said it was because the labor to replace the eMMC chip and the upgrade were the same.

• Helpful
Reactions: Droschke
2021.40.6 is pretty nice, might be my favorite build in a long time. 2021.36.5.1 had some weird graphics issues and it would take .5 sec to render my car correctly on the quick controls screen and everything seemed overall a bit sluggish. With 2021.40.6 all the snappy-ness is back. Havent had a chance to SuC yet but I am really liking 2021.40.6 with AP1/MCU2.

2021.40.6 is pretty nice, might be my favorite build in a long time. 2021.36.5.1 had some weird graphics issues and it would take .5 sec to render my car correctly on the quick controls screen and everything seemed overall a bit sluggish. With 2021.40.6 all the snappy-ness is back. Havent had a chance to SuC yet but I am really liking 2021.40.6 with AP1/MCU2.
Are you keen on hifi? Would you be able to check the Tidal streaming option? Is it an option?

Bad news, but maybe it was just the SuC that I was at. I went to a 150 kW (v2) location that I had never been to before and it was my first time Since the FW update and wasn't sharing power and was only able to get more than 74 kW on my MS90D. After a long 2 hour trip I arrived about 25% SoC. I tried stall 1a and it pegged at 74 kW as I watched for about 1-2 minutes, I then moved to stall 1b and it did the same thing. Hopefully it was this location and not a new charger gate type of nerf to 90 packs.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Bad news, but maybe it was just the SuC that I was at. I went to a 150 kW (v2) location that I had never been to before and it was my first time Since the FW update and wasn't sharing power and was only able to get more than 74 kW on my MS90D. After a long 2 hour trip I arrived about 25% SoC. I tried stall 1a and it pegged at 74 kW as I watched for about 1-2 minutes, I then moved to stall 1b and it did the same thing. Hopefully it was this location and not a new charger gate type of nerf to 90 packs.

1A and 1B would use the same transformer cabinet. So, if the problem was there you wouldn't have solved it by moving between those two stalls. You might have tried another number, hopefully one not occupied by anyone else as well. (Not sure if you knew about the paired units and the sharing of power on supercharger version 2.)

1A and 1B would use the same transformer cabinet. So, if the problem was there you wouldn't have solved it by moving between those two stalls. You might have tried another number, hopefully one not occupied by anyone else as well. (Not sure if you knew about the paired units and the sharing of power on supercharger version 2.)
Rest of the stalls already had at least 1 car charging so wouldn't have been able to move and get full speed I I guess I was testing the stall rather than the transformer.

Thanks for the tip though. Hopefully the issue was with the transformer cabinet at that location and it isn't a real 'nerf' of charge rate.

False alarm, I went back and tried a different pair of chargers at about 41% and got 105 kW and then tapered down normally. Sorry to scare everyone.

The ability to add way points is VERY handy and it is nice to have the "Supercharger Tips" page for new users:
1638050114680.png

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I don't know that the camera needs to be recalibrated (although I have heard this from Safelite before) but I do believe Tesla replaces the rain sensor on these older cars each time they replace the windshield to prevent rain sensing wiper issues. May want to research both of those a little more before proceeding.
That’s true. At least at my SeC they have always changed the sensor after every windshield and recalibrated the sensor. Insurance wasn’t too happy seeing this though

I’m not very eager to accept new SW updates but this is what I have noticed that have changed compared to last winter, my current version is 2020.48.37.6 and pending is .37.8. Car is 2016 MCU1, AP1
- if opening trunk (car wakes up) then the DRL+taillights will turn on. Previously it did not and I used this to turn them off if approaching the car would have waked the car
- if pre-heating remotely then it does not turn AC on if ambient temp. is below freezing
- it some of the doors will be left ajar i.e. getting stuff out of it at home, then the car will remind you this by blinking turn lights
- if using Autosteer, then the car will return to the previous set and confirmed speed limit even if no speed limit signs are visible, but will notify you on the IC. It happens if the road have some sections that are lowering that previous limit and there is no sing to confirm this section has ended for the car. It’s hard to explain but here are some photos of this:

794BF754-C8DF-4D08-A92B-6DC2144F7602.jpeg

71085C33-589D-4145-B87E-78C59F348F07.jpeg

I did a factory reset and now I can’t start summon with the keyfob. I remember seeing an autopilot menu option regarding “require to hold button continuously for summon” or something like that but I can’t find it now. Did they remove the summon with keyfob option recently??