Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which announcement? Link?
Their V11 blog post, calling all non-refresh S/X "legacy", and showing that Tegra MCU based cars basically get nothing.
1642189381329.png

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
Any of you looking at selling your cars at this point with the announcement that all vertical screen models are obsolete or "legacy" combined with the crazy inflated used vehicle market?
No. Given that the pre-refresh S and X were still sold in 2020 I doubt that they will retire these screens so fast. I expect at least a couple of years of updates for MCU2.

No. Given that the pre-refresh S and X were still sold in 2020 I doubt that they will retire these screens so fast. I expect at least a couple of years of updates for MCU2.
Continuing to get updates is immaterial if the updates don't contain anything substantial. You can see above that MCU2 equipped vehicles are being needlessly cut out of feature inclusion.

Like it or not, they are calling non-refresh S/X "legacy". That's step one for EOL in product management.

Does the fob no longer activate summon on newer versions. I use that all the time. Losing it would be a fairly big deal to me.
Just updated to 44.30.6 and it reappeared! In summon options you need to unselect “require continuous press” or something like that. In the previous version I had there was no option for this and holding the middle keyfob button did nothing

• Informative
Reactions: kavyboy
After the MCU upgrade I can’t seem to find the mixed source list of favorites/recents. For example before I had a list of stations that included both Slacker and Spotify playlists.
At least on my MS, the new sound media controls are not intuitive, take much more time to do things (dangerous while driving), and have difficult to find options. They fixed something that was not broken. My wife and I both continue to sometimes just give up trying to find/do something. We're stuck with it, so I guess we'll get it all sometime.

2016 MS 75D refresh uncorked MCU2 upgrade

Reactions: rsg123 and QUBO
I haven't gotten an update in months and finally got one................... by buying a Plaid. I will say it has made it feel like my P90D did 4 years ago when it was still exciting to see what new upgrade or feature each update brought instead of dreading each update as it only slowed down the MCU further.

• Funny
Reactions: aesculus
Yes still on MC1, debating on doing the MCU2 upgrade. I am however scheduled for the emmc recall this coming Monday. If it still lags, I'm going to do the upgrade.

Just wanted an update so I can get Tidal haha
I upgraded to MCU2 mainly for a quicker browser. However, the latest software update removes geo location tags for all the web sites that I use, including TeslaWaze, Tesla Winds and Elevation, and Tesla Portal, rendering them useless.

I realized by accident yesterday that you can get the climate control by swiping up anywhere on the lower black bar, not just where the cabin temperature is at. The changes don't bother me as much after realizing where all the functions I normally use have been moved to.

Reactions: Evee