Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But that means you have the V11 UI that everyone's been complaining about, or did they tweak that, too?
All those with V11 have the MCU2.
At least the MCU1's have made it to 2021.
Haven't driven yet though, so no idea what "cold weather improvements" might be. I recall 2 years ago when they engaged some cold weather improvements I almost rear-ended someone because there was zero regen in "mild" temperatures.

Still waiting…. But I did notice 2022.4.5 has reinstated the ‘chargers’ icon on the map, plus the ‘round trip’ state of charge remains visible

My car still has permanent yellow dashes at the top of the power scale though - which Tesla has said is normal. I fail to see how limiting my max power is normal…..

Anyway

Teslawaze have always been fighting with onboard gps, hence the MCU freezing issue. So you can confirm that you still have SW version 10.x?
If that is directed to me, yes I am on 10.2 with 2021.24.28.

Drove around today with Teslawaze on the browser and it worked. Never used it before.

I never even tried to use the browser in the last 3 years, as it was so slow it would not even load simple pages.

No app notification on the software update, but opened the app today and it shows 2021.24.27 is ready to install. A search on TMC doesn't show any result. I'm currently at 2020.48.37.6, AP1, MCU1. Has anyone else received 021.24.27 on an AP1/MCU1 car?

AP1, and MCU1, with recent daughter board replacement...

I got a prompt today to update, which
I ignored.

Then my rear camera displayed a split screen I never saw before. Searched for posts here and found the brain trust fix, reboot the MCU.

Then, I got a message saying if I don't update, I will loose all cellular connectivity next week.

So, I guess I will update. Just hope the cold weather "improvements" don't increase my loss of regen..

Then, I got a message saying if I don't update, I will loose all cellular connectivity next week.
I dismissed the update for a couple of days since I had a long roadtrip planned. When I got home at 1am this morning, I got this popup:

PXL_20220217_034519933small.jpg

I received the same message last night as @tga . I think the reason given by @brownoutaspec is likely.

I have the LTE upgrade, but occasionally I see 3g in remote areas.

I was on 2020.48.37.8 for a few months.

Now, after a long and probably the noisiest update ever, I am on 2021.24.28

Still don't see "If not updated, this vehicle may no longer be compatible" makes any sense.

If you have the 3G modem you will lose connectivity. If you have the LTE modem you continue to have connectivity. The changes are at the AT&T side. I still don't see how "If not updated, this vehicle may no longer be compatible ..." applies!!!

Still don't see "If not updated, this vehicle may no longer be compatible" makes any sense.

If you have the 3G modem you will lose connectivity. If you have the LTE modem you continue to have connectivity. The changes are at the AT&T side. I still don't see how "If not updated, this vehicle may no longer be compatible ..." applies!!!
Agreed. I wonder if anyone who doesn't have the LTE upgrade, and defers the update, will see this message. Maybe this message only appears on cars with the LTE hardware and older firmware (like @aerodyne and I pre-2021.24.28)

Anyone with a 3G-only car want to defer the update and see what messages occur?

Separately, I would expect cars without the LTE hardware to see a similar message, stating hardware upgrade is required, regardless of the car's firmware version.

I don't think it has anything to do with any requirement to display the 3G warning or not. The message posted above gives you the impression that if you don't update you lose connectivity. The software update won't give you LTE on your 3G only modem, which is how the message is written.

I'm on the 3G modem and have already updated to 2021.24.28. I'll see how long my 3G connectivity will last.

I dismissed the update for a couple of days since I had a long roadtrip planned. When I got home at 1am this morning, I got this popup:

View attachment 770263
No more over-the-air updates? This might be considered a good thing for some of us. Hopefully nav won't go away completely. I'm not sure I'll miss the rest very much, actually. It'll be worlds better for me personally than switching to V11.

Reactions: Barry and Droschke