Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is interesting: need ap update 4.6.0
96199A31-5D0F-47AD-ADAD-88F41BAD68E7.png

This is interesting: need ap update 4.6.0
View attachment 770954
Interesting. I am on Android and on 4.5.1 but also on 2020.36.11. Waiting for them to fix a USB music issue they put in on later 2020 release. Don't see this of course. AP1/MCU1 car.

I also got the written letter on the eMMC recall just the other day, when others in my area got it almost a year ago. Also interesting is that it says it only takes 1.5 hours for the repair. That is not what I have read all over TMC. The actually chip replacement might only take 1.5 hours but supposedly they have to rebuild everything from backups and put in new fw etc. I have seen times of 6-8 hours for that. If it truly is only 1.5 hours now then I wonder if they can do it mobile?

FWIW, the update to 2021.24.28 trashed my USB thumb drive file system. After the update, I got an error that the drive needed to be reformatted. I put it in my laptop and ran a chkdsk and it deleted a dozen or so garbage files. I wound up re-copying my flac dir from my file server.

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
Interesting. I am on Android and on 4.5.1 but also on 2020.36.11. Waiting for them to fix a USB music issue they put in on later 2020 release. Don't see this of course. AP1/MCU1 car.

I also got the written letter on the eMMC recall just the other day, when others in my area got it almost a year ago. Also interesting is that it says it only takes 1.5 hours for the repair. That is not what I have read all over TMC. The actually chip replacement might only take 1.5 hours but supposedly they have to rebuild everything from backups and put in new fw etc. I have seen times of 6-8 hours for that. If it truly is only 1.5 hours now then I wonder if they can do it mobile?
This is really nonsense it takes tesla a mornings work. The swap of the board is not the thing that takes the longest. It is installing the compatibile software.

Anyone with 2021.24.28, is your backup camera covering up the homelink button when backing out of the garage?

I never back out of the garage, I back in. :). But to check this the answer appears to be no:

when getting in the car the homelink shows, I enter the pin and it disappears. I put my car in reverse and homelink does show overtop of the camera image. I clicked the homelink button to open the garage and it remains overtop of the camera image.

Yes, the backup camera takes the full screen. I don't know if this is different than the prior version I had (2020.48.37.8)
Weird. Just checked it and my homelink is over the camera image.
FWIW, the update to 2021.24.28 trashed my USB thumb drive file system. After the update, I got an error that the drive needed to be reformatted. I put it in my laptop and ran a chkdsk and it deleted a dozen or so garbage files. I wound up re-copying my flac dir from my file server.
No issues with mine, but still no album art and the hi-res files still don't play; just see the round buffer wheel flash in and out. At one time they played fine. One of these days I will get around to removing them from the flash drive as it is sometimes annoying to skip through them when on long trips using shuffle.

I never back out of the garage, I back in. :). But to check this the answer appears to be no:

when getting in the car the homelink shows, I enter the pin and it disappears. I put my car in reverse and homelink does show overtop of the camera image. I clicked the homelink button to open the garage and it remains overtop of the camera image.

Would it be possible for you to park so you need to back out of the garage and see what happens to the homelink button? I know it must sound like a silly request :)

Yes, the backup camera takes the full screen. I don't know if this is different than the prior version I had (2020.48.37.8)

I often need to close the garage door manually via homelink since it does not auto-close all the time and not having the immediate access to the homelink button while backing out is cumbersome. Also, not even sure what the point of that huge animation of my car below the camera view is!

I often need to close the garage door manually via homelink since it does not auto-close all the time and not having the immediate access to the homelink button while backing out is cumbersome. Also, not even sure what the point of that huge animation of my car below the camera view is!
Oh, I don't use the autoclose. I do it manually, and always have. Maybe that is the difference.

edit* The only complaint I have is: after parking in the garage, I need to hit the homelink popup to close the door before putting the car in park, or the button disappears. I think this is a safety issue, as one should always put the car in park before doing anything else. I know the car puts itself in park upon exiting anyway, but this should be revised.

I put the car in park anyway, knowing I have to hit the homelink button again to show the popup and then close the door, which is annoying for the unnecessary extra touch, but one should not change the habit of putting the car in park first.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Droschke

Does Homelink work in reverse? Many times I can't get it to work when I'm nose in.

I always use summon to park in my garage nose in because I have less than 8” clearance through the garage door portal. I use HOMELINK manually activated to close and then open the garage door when parking and then exiting. The HOMELINK always works. I also am able to auto close the garage door when exiting tail first when it breaks the geofencing boundary.