Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP1 MCU1 people are "stuck" on 2021.24.28 and it would be my guess that they wont see anything new/added ever.
I would also have rephrased this: “AP1 MCU1 people are “free” from any update that is potentially damaging currently running system (2021.24.28). I find this has some great benefits from previous versions as the cold weather improvements are really helping out.

Perhaps only tangentially related to AP1... but is Tesla forgetting about discontinued colors? It has been three updates already and my car keeps concurrently showing as different shades of blue.

IMG_0522.jpeg
IMG_0521.jpeg

I would also have rephrased this: “AP1 MCU1 people are “free” from any update that is potentially damaging currently running system (2021.24.28). I find this has some great benefits from previous versions as the cold weather improvements are really helping out.

I infer from your post that the cold weather improvements in 2021.24.28 are not possibly present in the updates you would receive after upgrading to MCU2?

I infer from your post that the cold weather improvements in 2021.24.28 are not possibly present in the updates you would receive after upgrading to MCU2?
No, I was more pointing out that even though everyone is so interested in the upgrade of the MCU, that current situation with no upgrade can be beneficial as well. What the cold weather improvement have given has been the fact that in this winter I have had much better consumption compared to previous years. Not to say it was colder than before…

Reactions: Droschke
Same here. Sometimes dropping up to 4 points of range per day. Impossible to leave the car unattended for more than a couple of weeks unless it is plugged in. When I first bought it, it had been parked for more than two months and no issue.

Asked Tesla about it and they said it was expected behavior, and that by accessing the app daily to check on the battery I was making things worse, because I was not letting the system stay in deep sleep mode.

Sounds like baloney but… that is all I got.

Reactions: Droschke
Sudden increase in drain, if no pumps are running, could be the pack contactors are failing followed by the 12v. It happened to me. I was able to see it coming by checking SMT.

If course, the SvC tried to tell me the CAN bus reader killed the HV pack.

A month later a finally got the car back.

Thanks for the info.
So, they replaced your pack to fix the contactor issue?
Did you get a new 12V also?
Was this recently?

Tnx.

Thanks for the info.
So, they replaced your pack to fix the contactor issue?
Did you get a new 12V also?
Was this recently?

Tnx.
After many attempts to get them to READ the the Tesla SB and SL I printed out and placed in car, they determined the contactors had failed. The pack was pulled, and the lid was peeled of the back end, and contactors replaced. I still have my original pack, carefully stored and doing well at 265RM.

I had already replaced the 12v myself.

It took months for me to find and replace all the bits they left off the pack and aerosheilds.

And this was at the best rated SvC I could find, done two years ago, before supply chain and currentTesla SvC "sugarness"

After many attempts to get them to READ the the Tesla SB and SL I printed out and placed in car, they determined the contactors had failed. The pack was pulled, and the lid was peeled of the back end, and contactors replaced. I still have my original pack, carefully stored and doing well at 265RM.

I had already replaced the 12v myself.

It took months for me to find and replace all the bits they left off the pack and aerosheilds.

And this was at the best rated SvC I could find, done two years ago, before supply chain and currentTesla SvC "sugarness"

Thanks for more insight.

I knew the 12V being weak can cause more vampire drain but did not consider a bad contactor causing this issue. I suppose a bad contactor would close/open frequently at will?

Knowing now what you are describing, I think I might have the solution since my pack is scheduled for replacement ( see Wiki - Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software ) and that would hopefully fix any contactor issue. While the pack is being replaced, I was planning to ask them to check my 12V battery as well. So, in my case, it looks like both culprits you had mentioned will be out of the picture.