Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone with AP1 seen this ‘blended regen’ braking installed on their car yet? I think I read somewhere that all cars from AP 1 and up were capable, I just haven’t seen it on mine yet. 2022.40.4 is staged on the car with 2022.36.6 installed - I’m not a big fan of these bug fix releases with no proper notes however

Cheers
Same. I just installed 2022.8.10.6 the other day on one of my AP1 cars and have no clue with it changed. There is very little reason to no provide a genuine changelog using the vehicle's screen AND the app that I can access at any time. They introduced using the browser for a changelog of sorts but it's almost insulting how outdate and irrelevant it's implementation is in practice.

I think the release notes said it was for the new S or X cars only.
You didn't quote any posts so I assume you're talking about my post since it was the most recent post?

As I said... it's installed on one of my cars. It's most certainly not for new S or X cars only but your post is further support that we need better changelog notes for updates if they don't currently even tell us accurately what cars it's for let alone what it fixes/changes.

Reactions: aerodyne
As @Huachipato have noted this regenerative braking feature is available for the refresh model S and X
That post makes more sense in response to that post previous to mine as it pertained to that feature. If we're going to use pronouns like "it" rather than explaining what "it" is the least we can do is quote the post that we're replying to in order to help others know what you're referring to.

I honestly don't know what you are referring to :oops: I hope I don't get whatever this is; I like mine just the way it is thank you very much. But it doesn't surprise me they are putting more "big brother" options on their cars, as there are more and more inexperienced drivers buying these Teslas. Always some idiot ruining it for everyone else.
It’s cold in BC right now - and with this, comes the ‘regen reduced’ warning, along with yellow dashes at the bottom end of the power meter. Blended Regen uses the brakes automatically for true one pedal driving - like you get used to in the summer and then buggers off below 10C

Has anyone with AP1 seen this ‘blended regen’ braking installed on their car yet? I think I read somewhere that all cars from AP 1 and up were capable, I just haven’t seen it on mine yet. 2022.40.4 is staged on the car with 2022.36.6 installed - I’m not a big fan of these bug fix releases with no proper notes however

Cheers

As you know from the other thread, my car is unable to get any software or map updates after the infotainment upgrade was done. So, I can't tell you anything about the ‘blended regen’. However, my unblended regen on 2022.20.6 is just perfect. Maybe I shouldn't worry about not getting any updates. Everything in the car works perfectly. Should I consider not getting any new updates a blessing or a curse? After all, I was a victim of 2019.16.2 malware ;)

You didn't quote any posts so I assume you're talking about my post since it was the most recent post?

As I said... it's installed on one of my cars. It's most certainly not for new S or X cars only but your post is further support that we need better changelog notes for updates if they don't currently even tell us accurately what cars it's for let alone what it fixes/changes.
Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the blended Regen feature (the post before yours).

When new versions come out sometimes I hunt down what's new and saw it listed somewhere. The latest one on my car just changed the FM radio buttons to have the actual FM station logos.

Cheers
Nope, we don't have blended regen with 2022.40.4. Nothing has changed: our cars will continue to roll/not-regen/not-slow if the battery is too full or going less than ~5 mph.

Of course our cars could do it, I mean the car can come to a complete stop with AP1 enabled afterall. Tesla just chose not to give us that option.

Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the blended Regen feature (the post before yours).

When new versions come out sometimes I hunt down what's new and saw it listed somewhere. The latest one on my car just changed the FM radio buttons to have the actual FM station logos.
No worries. Once I saw your post was about that other post it made more sense.

As someone who lives in Colorado (where our regenerative braking goes to hell this time of year which can trigger stressful situations when you're not ready for the change) I'd love the blended version if it were an option for the older cars.

Reactions: Busk
Here is a additional indication if the blended Regen feature is present. You will see this new indication on the screen. Although it’s stated there that this is available for the whole lineup I believe it will be only for the refresh or even post 2020 production.

C0E0DDBD-C8A2-41AF-A042-0B6446866932.jpeg

Here is a additional indication if the blended Regen feature is present. You will see this new indication on the screen. Although it’s stated there that this is available for the whole lineup I believe it will be only for the refresh or even post 2020 production.
You have to keep in mind that those are unofficial release notes gathered by the community and not 100% accurate since there are so many variations between years. Thanks for posting the additional information but it doesn't apply to my 2016 90D and I would guess that it doesn't apply to any other AP1 vehicle either.

You have to keep in mind that those are unofficial release notes gathered by the community and not 100% accurate since there are so many variations between years. Thanks for posting the additional information but it doesn't apply to my 2016 90D and I would guess that it doesn't apply to any other AP1 vehicle either.
You know who does know exactly what updates/fixes/features apply to your specific car? Tesla. This is exactly why I say they need to provide an accurate changelog on a per-car basis for owners. Being as Tesla is the segment leader on tech I hate that this is the precedent that is being set. "Here's an update, have fun guessing what it did to your six-figure vehicle" -Tesla, basically

I honestly don't know what you are referring to :oops: I hope I don't get whatever this is; I like mine just the way it is thank you very much. But it doesn't surprise me they are putting more "big brother" options on their cars, as there are more and more inexperienced drivers buying these Teslas. Always some idiot ruining it for everyone else.
An idiot big brother type that now lives in TX comes to mind, for some reason.

Cheers

Installed 2022.40.4.1 tonight but it came with no blended regen for my car.

Reactions: richrootes