Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received the notification and did the update to 2022. There are very thin update notes--Several screens worth, but not worth copying. I haven't driven Tessie since the update, so can't comment on the blended regen. I've been getting low tire warnings, so I took care of that, too. 'Sure glad I bought the little 12V Tesla compressor.

Cheers,
Kit & Tessie

2015 MS85 AWD. AP1.

Careful, reports of tesla sneaking in anti cheat code to the latest FSD update are coming in

I personally am going to avoid updates until someone can confirm whether this applies to AP 1. Yes I keep my eyes on the road 100% but find the hand position to be uncomfortable on road trips, so this would be an absolute deal breaker.

Careful, reports of tesla sneaking in anti cheat code to the latest FSD update are coming in

I personally am going to avoid updates until someone can confirm whether this applies to AP 1. Yes I keep my eyes on the road 100% but find the hand position to be uncomfortable on road trips, so this would be an absolute deal breaker.

The FSD is not applicable to AP1 cars.

Reactions: henderrj

You know, I used to be of exactly this mindset. And then one day I was abruptly awoken by the autopilot warning. I had actually fallen asleep while driving. Never happened to me before in my life. I honestly think the autopilot does lull us a little bit into complacency. In any event, at that time, I pulled over to the very next charger only about 20 miles away from me. Let it charge while I took my nap! (One advantage of the old 85s, the charging is pretty slow!).

Point being that I do not know what would have happened if I had had the little weighted magnet around my steering wheel. I don't want to know!

You know, I used to be of exactly this mindset. And then one day I was abruptly awoken by the autopilot warning. I had actually fallen asleep while driving. Never happened to me before in my life. I honestly think the autopilot does lull us a little bit into complacency. In any event, at that time, I pulled over to the very next charger only about 20 miles away from me. Let it charge while I took my nap! (One advantage of the old 85s, the charging is pretty slow!).

Point being that I do not know what would have happened if I had had the little weighted magnet around my steering wheel. I don't want to know!

Yeah, I have come to think of the autopilot nag as something like a deadman switch (<-- is this term still used? haven't heard it in awhile). Thanks for sharing your experience.

Bruce.

Reactions: henderrj
[QUOTE=" Yes I keep my eyes on the road 100% but find the hand position to be uncomfortable on road trips, so this would be an absolute deal breaker.
[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I'm sure someone is working hard on a "Smart" anti cheat device.

One of the few advantages of a Yoke is you can rest your wrist on the lower portion.

Just got a notification to install 2022.8.10.8 on my 2016 MCU1 AP1 Model S. Anyone try it yet? Did they fix the music issue with 2 seconds getting cut off at the end of every song? Any unwanted "improvements"?

Holding off for now..

I'm on 2022.44.2, with mcu2. I haven't had any problems with music cutting off at all. Maybe it's being still on that relic media control unit? I do genuinely want to understand why everybody hasn't upgraded to MCU2. It seems to me to be the best bargain out there.

Just got a notification to install 2022.8.10.8 on my 2016 MCU1 AP1 Model S. Anyone try it yet? Did they fix the music issue with 2 seconds getting cut off at the end of every song? Any unwanted "improvements"?

Holding off for now..
I am on MCU1 and 2022.8.10.8. Have not noticed the 2 second cut off before or after the update. Can you tell me what media you experience this on?

Holding off for now..
Got a notice today, I assume it is the same firmware. No news is good news; just bug fixes I suppose, but I had no bugs on 2022.8.10.5 or 2022.8.10.1

Some got some FSD beta stuff though: Legacy Model S with MCU v1 Software/Firmware Version Thread

Anyone else need to re-log into Slacker after every time the car reboots? It started happening after my huge jump from 2021.44.6 to 2022.24.6 and it is pretty annoying with the long [email protected] email and long password each time.

I don't know if it's possible anymore, but at one time the USB ports would take a USB keyboard. You could get a small keyboard to plug in when you have to type in your password.

I tried Slacker once and didn't like it. I stick to the radio (NPR for news) and USB. I got an SSD drive and formatted it into many partitions about 16 GB each and I'm putting different stuff on different partitions. I've found that is the best way to do USB audio in the car. When I plug in the drive, the car pops up a bar showing all the partitions and what it detected on each of them. I also named the partitions in Windows and the car sees the names and shows them.

AP1 with MCU2 on 2022.44.2 have noticed new seat calibrations available in Service menu.

I haven't looked. I'll check it out.