Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car (AP1, MCU2) just upgraded to 2023.6.11. Web browsing and maps seem super snappy (Chrome browser got upgraded from version 102 to 109). I haven't done any driving or super charging yet but I am pretty happy with these release so far.

I swear they keep tweaking the colors in the car for my Titanium Metallic, sometimes its more gold and sometimes its more grey. I drove a loaner 2017 MS with MCU1 and it sure makes me glad I upgraded to MCU2 a while ago. That MCU1 struggles with everything!

2023.12.5 finally brings a normal slider for setting your SoC. Also bigger font size on driver display. Hopefully also better navigation since this stuff makes no sense whatsoever (driver display states sufficient charge, MCU states -3% upon arrival)

IMG_1421.jpeg

I’m hoping our cars will get the feature the newer cars just recently got that enabled a chime on shifting. I find it useful in the wife’s MYP because you don’t need to look to make sure it shifted.
I would have scoffed at this prior, but twice in the last month I have found myself pressing down on the accelerator thinking I was going to be going forward and discovering I was still in reverse. Chalked it up to a old age thing.

Reactions: cousin_IT
I'm at 2023.12.5. My font size has not changed and there is no option to select a larger font under Control ==> Display.
They keep messing with the location of the temperature and gear indicators - mine have swapped sides, and do look slightly taller. The appearance of the charge percentage has changed as well, I seem to remember there was a more visible ‘empty’ portion than there is now

Traffic colours on the dash are actually really useful as well (on MCU2 obviously)

Just curious... Has anyone with AP1/MCU2 and recent software had issues with the frunk not opening with the key fob? The fob still works for other functions, and the frunk unlocks from the screen.
Does your phone app work for frunk opening? If yes, your fob is likely the problem. If app does not work, security keys need to be redeployed. Worth checking other functions through the app too.