Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 P85/P90D Firmware Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks, figured I'd try to create a thread for all of us considering our vehicles have been having some significant issues of late with various firmware updates.

The latest report is that .24 is causing huge vampire battery drain due to the large map update causing a process loop.

This is coupled with text on the main display being garbled. Assumption here is the system is running low on resources due to the loop, so video memory is not available to display the text correctly.

I have not clicked the update button yet. I'm still on 20.4.2

Tagging the usual suspects.

@Ryan Autry
@nybw51mr42
@commasign
@jaitch
@acdleon
@Ole Capt
@jerjozwik
@neptune2000
@MichaelP90DL
@sorka
@ShotgunF15E
@BigNick
@ChiP90D
@Tech_Guy
@Ostrichsak
@glide
@Teejay26
@krsgio
@ZachBreck
@beefster
@Daddy S
@ASMills85
@StoicKiwi
@AWDtsla
@Canuck9000
@tubaprde
@nividia7
@merq
@Dave Davies
@Ande
@bhzmark
@spectrablue
@UkrHog
@Kristoffer Helle
@BrokerDon
@ClarkGriswold
@samvanbrussel
@murf2222
@EnzoXYZ

Hey folks, figured I'd try to create a thread for all of us considering our vehicles have been having some significant issues of late with various firmware updates.

The latest report is that .24 is causing huge vampire battery drain due to the large map update causing a process loop.

This is coupled with text on the main display being garbled. Assumption here is the system is running low on resources due to the loop, so video memory is not available to display the text correctly.

I have not clicked the update button yet. I'm still on 20.4.2

Tagging the usual suspects.

@Ryan Autry
@nybw51mr42
@commasign
@jaitch
@acdleon
@Ole Capt
@jerjozwik
@neptune2000
@MichaelP90DL
@sorka
@ShotgunF15E
@BigNick
@ChiP90D
@Tech_Guy
@Ostrichsak
@glide
@Teejay26
@krsgio
@ZachBreck
@beefster
@Daddy S
@ASMills85
@StoicKiwi
@AWDtsla
@Canuck9000
@tubaprde
@nividia7
@merq
@Dave Davies
@Ande
@bhzmark
@spectrablue
@UkrHog
@Kristoffer Helle
@BrokerDon
@ClarkGriswold
@samvanbrussel
@murf2222
@EnzoXYZ

I’m on 2019.24.4. No issues with battery drain or garbled text so far. Also no additional range loss.

I am now on 24.4 (last week I think) with no issues with vampire drain (currently 1-2% per day) or garbled text. The only things the update gave me that was noticeable was the full colour selection on the scribble/paint pad and the daft thing in arcade where the car turns on (but locks in park) and car power steering goes live and seat adjusts from easy entry to my setting. Why you want the latter to play a game I don't know - previously everything just stayed off.

All other systems the seem the same.

24.4 here. No real issues so far. Slacker has acted up more than usual lately, but I usually just blame that on it being Slacker.
I wonder if all the people complaining about excessive vampire drain are using overheat protection and forgetting there's been a massive heatwave.

I dont want to get off topic but why only "P" model owners? I have a AP1 90D and was wondering if my feedback would be helpful as well.
Absolutely! Apologize if my thread was somewhat exclusive. This should really be for any/all AP1 cars. To be honest, seeing as we have no idea what's going on with the reports we've seen, it could be impacting everyone.

The group selected here are a specific set of owners that all experienced the same issue a few months back, so when ever there are firmware issues, I feel it would be beneficial for all of us to share experiences seeing as we share a "common" hardware platform. Common is quoted because there's not a lot in common about two Teslas built a day apart :confused::D

.24, POSSIBLE DRAIN on P85 (lost 30 miles)

fine on P85+