Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 Weaving In Lane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

Lately, I've noticed my AP1 P90D has been wandering a bit in its lane with AutoPilot engaged. I just had an alignment performed by a local shop last week to see if that was the issue, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. The results of the alignment were 0.5 deg toe-in for the front and rear to try to make the car drive straighter without as many corrections. Camber and caster are within spec. The car seems to drive straight without AP engaged, though it does pull slightly to the left on some freeways, but that may just be the slope of the road.

At any rate, AP seems to to want to get in the center of the lane, and then correct if it starts to pull left. The result is a ping-pong side to side in the lane, which is especially bad in corners where it will almost exit the lane and swing back.

My car is lowered using the Unplugged brackets, but that never affected it in the past and can't imagine why it would affect it now. I keep reading about a "camera alignment," but I'm not sure if that's an AP2+ thing....any suggestions?

Resolved this today.

my caster was 0.75 degrees off between the left and right front wheel, giving a setback of 0.27.

This was causing the car to track left.

Went to have the front caster and camber adjusted. Setback is now back to 0, and now it’s steady in the lane as before.

Last edited: