TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AP2.0 anomaly

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by smocfi, May 3, 2017.

1. smocfi

smocfi Member

MX 90d, AP2.0, v 17.16.35. Using auto-steer on the 405 freeway, the car decided to use the old lane markers (see picture) rather than the existing white lines, and began to move left out of the lane. I had to quickly take over. Anyone else have that happen?

tesla lane change(1).jpg

2. Nosken

Nosken Member

Maybe it is the greater contrast of the darker construction/expansion lines vs the white on grey painted lines?

3. DJ 240V

DJ 240V Member

Yes on 405 too ( on two separate occasions) . I generally report these , but failed to this time. Hope you did.

4. DJ 240V

DJ 240V Member

Also surprised that EAP doesn't use the car(s) in front as a reference point to make a judgment. I have seen sometimes when the lane markings disappear it locks on the car in front ( turns blue on your IC)

5. dark

dark Member

Yes, everyday, but on the 60fwy east bound, carpool lane. There is no left shoulder and my X is pulling itself to the left concrete barrier.

How do I report this?

6. smocfi

smocfi Member

7. HookBill

HookBill Member

Happens to me more than I would like to admit to. Not always but enough to raise my antennae each time I see this condition. I'm driving a MX 90D AP 2.0 on 17.11.10.

8. dprisoner

dprisoner Member

I had it happen with AP1 on 280 near the new Apple spaceship (so, in Tesla's back yard). They had been doing work there and had re-aligned the lanes to accommodate. AP1 worked fine there. When it was put back there was enough of the old temp lines to confuse the car (and scare theWife(tm) when I took control)

9. oktane

oktane Active Member

YES

And I don't get a response after emailing Tesla about these issues either. I assume someone is addressing this in the background, but perhaps not? Maybe it's like our complaint box at work....straight to the trash can every week. j/k ;)