Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2.0 anomaly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MX 90d, AP2.0, v 17.16.35. Using auto-steer on the 405 freeway, the car decided to use the old lane markers (see picture) rather than the existing white lines, and began to move left out of the lane. I had to quickly take over. Anyone else have that happen?

tesla lane change(1).jpg

MX 90d, AP2.0, v 17.16.35. Using auto-steer on the 405 freeway, the car decided to use the old lane markers (see picture) rather than the existing white lines, and began to move left out of the lane. I had to quickly take over. Anyone else have that happen?

View attachment 225526
Yes on 405 too ( on two separate occasions) . I generally report these , but failed to this time. Hope you did.

I had it happen with AP1 on 280 near the new Apple spaceship (so, in Tesla's back yard). They had been doing work there and had re-aligned the lanes to accommodate. AP1 worked fine there. When it was put back there was enough of the old temp lines to confuse the car (and scare theWife(tm) when I took control)

YES

And I don't get a response after emailing Tesla about these issues either. I assume someone is addressing this in the background, but perhaps not? Maybe it's like our complaint box at work....straight to the trash can every week. j/k ;)