Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did also extract the rear facing fender cameras:

forward_merged_incl_pillar.JPG fender-left.jpg fender-right.jpg

forward_merged_incl_pillar.JPG fender-left.jpg fender-right.jpg

@verygreen bring us that surround view! :)

On that note, do you have any more info about that rear cam? Earlier you noted something about toshiba setup??
Well, I was all set to do a bunch of snapshots today, drove around, gatheered data, wrote it to a flashdrive, and.... the flashdrive could not be read on my computer anymore, sigh.
Need to find some time to repeat all that now.

Re the rear camera - I don't see a straightforward way of reading it at the moment.

Reactions: lunitiks
Hard to tell from a 140-char limited medium but I believe this Tweet by Elon potentially confirms that the camera data from more than the rear view can be routed to the cid. I recall earlier pages noting that there is only one video out to the cid seemingly connected only to rear view cam from a cable perspective but questions were raised about whether the data going out can be controlled via software. It appears so.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Alternate reading could be that based on the parent post, they could only capture and put on an attached flash drive, but I think thats less likely of something that Elon would state would be interesting to ship to end users.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
yes, the augmented view in the autopilot debug app lets you see all cameras potentially or whatever the ape decidees to share.

in addition I see "hdmi connected" messages in kernel log, which potentially means that ape could output something other than the backup camera image to cid over that link.

• Informative
Reactions: lunitiks
Earlier I made this short wishlist :)
  • twilight conditions
  • super busy city traffic
  • exiting dark tunnel entering sunlight w/oncoming traffic
  • heavy rain
However I'm also curious about how good the cameras are -- resolution-wise -- in "reading" pedestrians, like for example where they're looking at the moment.

Is it possible to do some testing on this too?

Untitled.jpg

I just added a "sunset" folder there that has 4 snapshots from sunset time. Box | Simple Online Collaboration: Online File Storage, FTP Replacement, Team Workspaces
it's sunset time according to google for my area, and then sunset +20, +23 +26 minutes

It was supposed to be sunset + every 3 minutes after that, but apparently there's an extra logic in the snapshot code that makes a snapshot and then rejects based on some criteria. Based on surviving snapshots - it apperas you basically cannot touch any controls.

So I guess I might do another try eventually.

Last edited: