Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1.0 to 2.0 cid camera connectilivy is certainly different - goes via ape now.
Yes, I pointed that out long ago in the AP2.0 cameras thread. But the BUC connection did change in 2.5 too; now there's some kind of "splitter" that I'm not sure about the purpose of. In 2.5, BUC signal goes to APE ("IN"), then there's two "OUT" - one to CID and one back to APE (which obviously has two "IN" now).

You were clearly referring to the change that happened from 1.0 to 2.0 :)

• Informative
Reactions: croman and BigD0g
Yes, I pointed that out long ago in the AP2.0 cameras thread. But the BUC connection did change in 2.5 too; now there's some kind of "splitter" that I'm not sure about the purpose of. In 2.5, BUC signal goes to APE ("IN"), then there's two "OUT" - one to CID and one back to APE (which obviously has two "IN" now).

Theory: Maybe that splitter is in preparation of the new (potentially HUD enabled) CID system, delayed but coming in Q2/2018... for the moment it just has a pass-through cable.

It could also be in preparation of a future nose camera for 360 view - helped by rumoured color cameras on the side markers in AP 2.5... You heard it here first folks. ;)

Or more boringly, it could be related to the interior monitoring camera.

That's weird. You could split the feed from the BUC to APE IN1 + APE IN2 for APE redundancy, but APE OUT > CID + APE IN2? Maybe an unprocessed passthru? :confused:

you might want to consider having a picture in picture showing nobody's actually doing anything with the steering wheel or use a wider angle to include the whole steering wheel in the video. Otherwise while all of us know what does that autosteer looks like, regular people probably don't and assume it's you driving.

Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
you might want to consider having a picture in picture showing nobody's actually doing anything with the steering wheel or use a wider angle to include the whole steering wheel in the video. Otherwise while all of us know what does that autosteer looks like, regular people probably don't and assume it's you driving.

Great advice... I've also got great advice from @daktari and @TaoJones, it's given me a respect for shooting video. The ultimate car to do these videos in is a model x because of the windshield. My favorite view is the driver video view but the issue is the wobble or the mounting being so distracting because it's right next to your right ear, it is dangerous and since I'm always trying to push the limit of autopilot without scaring or affecting other people or attracting too much attention, it is hard. I have a few ideas I'll try out, but I've decided to go ahead and take it more seriously.... only then will I be able to pull off the Japanese gauntlet song you requested. It'll likely end up looking like this:

Drones are cake compared to cars. Its not only latency but the fact flying is easier than driving.
In repsonse:
Easy big guy. As a professional airline pilot, I take offence to that one.
Hmm, would you, @bigdaddie, be able to enjoy this joke?

The cockpit of the future will be manned with only one pilot and a dog. The pilot's job will be to feed the dog; the dog's job will be to bite the pilot if he tries to touch the controls.​

Last edited: