TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AP2.0 / HW2.0 - ACC Triggers on Overhead Signs!

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by CurrieG, Feb 15, 2017.

1. CurrieG

CurrieG Member

My X has AP2.0 / HW2.0 and when I turn on the ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) about 15% of the time when I approach an overhead sign on the highway it sees the sign suddenly as a vehicle (red) right in front me, beeps and starts to decelerate very quickly. This is most disconcerting and a potential Safety Issue if someone is following closely behind.

Has anyone else had this issue? I wonder if it is a camera framing / calibration issue or a software bug?

I have reported this to Tesla to see if this is a common issue, but no response yet.

Thanks!

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

I've seen the same on a few occasions. Really keeps you in your toes!

3. Hans Allis

Hans Allis Member

Same issue here. Reported to Tesla along with dashcam footage. No response yet except for a delivery confirmation.