Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2.0 video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess they needed to wait to shoot this for maybe the following reasons:

1) it was raining in the bay area last weekend, maybe they wanted a clearer picture? or does the car handle rain as well?

2) wanted a workday when the Tesla parking lot is full and road is busier to demonstrate capabilities

Still it seems pretty last minute decision... but wow, the capability is so cool

Reactions: MP3Mike
3:05 left turn too shallow
Not only that, but it appears to run the stop sign at that point. There's a jump cut, so it is hard to tell for sure, but...
I have lots of questions about what the parking would do under less ideal circumstances:
  • what if another car had come up behind it as it was trying to parallel park, as happens to me most of the time when I try?
  • what if there were no empty spots at all?
  • what if the only available spot opened up "behind it' in it search?
  • speaking of searches, can it really traverse an arbitrary parking lot graph without getting caught in any cycles?

Calling it "Titan" seems a bit silly to me.

Titan is just a brand name that NVIDIA applies to a variety of GPUs, including GK110 (Titan/Titan Black), a dual GK110 card (Titan Z), a GM200 card (Titan X), and now a GP102 (Titan X Pascal) card.

Drive PX 2 has two "Parker" GPU/CPU SOCs, plus additional Pascal GPUs on MXM cards. It's quoted as "8 TFLOPS" by NVIDIA, which would suggest two GeForce 1060-class (GP106) GPUs, but we don't really know.

So what does Tesla's system have? A single GP102 GPU, like the Titan X Pascal? A GM200 GPU, which is outdated but still similar to the Drive PX 2 in terms of total performance (maybe Tesla has been working on this for a while)?

Is it air cooled, or liquid cooled? Is there more than one GPU for redundancy?

Telling us that it's "Titan" says almost nothing other than it's some NVIDIA GPU. In fact, the one thing we can probably say with some confidence is that it's not "Titan", which is a brand for consumer GPUs. It might have the same GPU core as one of the Titan cards, but then there will probably be a GeForce 1080 Ti (and probably Tesla and Quadro cards) with the same basic GPU core as well.

So what does Tesla's system have? A single GP102 GPU, like the Titan X Pascal? A GM200 GPU, which is outdated but still similar to the Drive PX 2 in terms of total performance (maybe Tesla has been working on this for a while)?

Telling us that it's "Titan" says almost nothing other than it's some NVIDIA GPU. In fact, the one thing we can probably say with some confidence is that it's not "Titan", which is a brand for consumer GPUs. It might have the same GPU core as one of the Titan cards, but then there will probably be a GeForce 1080 Ti (and probably Tesla and Quadro cards) with the same basic GPU core as well.

I was just repeating what Elon said in the call, that it was running on the NVidia Titan GPU. (With 12 TFLOPS) And yes Tesla has been working on this for a while which is why it is already almost ready to put into production. (And a good portion of why MBLY dropped them as a customer.)

Doesn't the Drive PX 2 system come with NVidia developed software? (Of which Tesla isn't using.)