Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 / 8.1 : "Cruise Not Available"-AP intermittently not working in 17.11.{3,10} versions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, great! I guess I need to schedule my fourth appointment for the same issue.

Unfortunately the 17.7.4 seems (seemed?) to be the only solution right now. Did it initially give you functionality back which then disappeared? Did you ever get a message about manual calibration required when you did have AP features?

I was scheduled for an ECU replacement tomorrow at my SC which my service rep cautioned wasn't a guaranteed fix. Seems odd it was approved if firmware is the solution.

Unfortunately the 17.7.4 seems (seemed?) to be the only solution right now. Did it initially give you functionality back which then disappeared? Did you ever get a message about manual calibration required when you did have AP features?

I was scheduled for an ECU replacement tomorrow at my SC which my service rep cautioned wasn't a guaranteed fix. Seems odd it was approved if firmware is the solution.
I only had intermittent TACC never had AP, sometimes it will say manual calibration but most of time it is cruise not available.

I only had intermittent TACC never had AP, sometimes it will say manual calibration but most of time it is cruise not available.

Okay. I had the message "Contact Tesla Service for manual calibration " which prevented me from getting high speed autosteer after 8.1 was released. My SC did the camera pitch angle adjustment (there's a photo of my service invoice earlier in the thread) and that addressed things until I then lost all AP intermittently like most others in the thread. So the hardware adjustment is a thing that probably needs doing on your car.

I called my SC today and they claim they have not received 17.17.4. Which SC are you speaking with? I'd like to call and see if they'll push to me.

Thanks
HI, I had been emailing with Tesla Support and had a few phone calls with the Highland Park Team but the update just showed up on its own. I did not make a request. I don't know if I got put higher in the queue due to problems or just luck of the draw.

Do you have 17.17.4?

Yes, 17.17.4. I sent an e-mail to [email protected]. I received the update an hour or two later, but doesn't seem like it did anything.

Our S is a Facelift 2016 w/eAP, but TACC/AP2 just shows "Cruise not Available." The speed limit just shows for a minute or less as I exit the garage and then nothing.

We have driven the car from Chicago to Boston and back recently. The TACC was available for 2 or 3 of the legs (Supercharger to Supercharger). I'd like to drive the car more, but the way it's going, it looks like we may just switch with the in-laws' ICEV if we have to go anywhere that requires more than 1 or 2 Superchargers.

Last edited:
Yes, 17.17.4. I sent an e-mail to [email protected]. I received the update an hour or two later, but doesn't seem like it did anything.

Our S is a Facelift 2016 w/eAP, but TACC/AP2 just shows "Cruise not Available." The speed limit just shows for a minute or less as I exit the garage and then nothing.

We have driven the car from Chicago to Boston and back recently. The TACC was available for 2 or 3 of the legs (Supercharger to Supercharger). I'd like to drive the car more, but the way it's going, it looks like we may just switch with the in-laws' ICEV if we have to go anywhere that requires more than 1 or 2 Superchargers.
We have the same exact problem. During the last 2000miles, my TACC worked 6-8times in total but no AP at all. There are no lines shown on the dash seems like the camera can't see anything . 17.17.4 seems like fixed most of "cruise not available" but not all of them, right now very few people are still having AP issues, according to how tesla handle this kind of issues in the past, I doubt they will fix it soon. Feeling so helpless right now.

The speed limit showing at all after starting a drive is inconsistent with my experience, and how it's been described in this thread. Either there's nothing at all or everything works until you park and leave the car. Showing some AP features for a minute or two and then disappearing is very unusual. Something else is going on. Have your cameras been checked for pitch angle?