TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AP2 false Forward Collision Warning, speed reduction, almost rear-ended.

Discussion in 'Model X' started by tesserab, Mar 31, 2018.

1. tesserab

tesserab New Member

Almost got in accident in my MX on AP2 2018.10.4 in toll lane. Both lanes ahead were clear when Forward Collision Warning activated. This has happened in the past, but this time my speed dropped from 67 to 45 and I was almost rear-ended. SC recommended moving my Good to Go flex pass from under rear view mirror mount to anywhere above the lower edge of the mount since it can cause reflections which can cause this issue (MS recommended position is to right of mount). It was sobering.

• Informative x 2
  2. Sandollars

Sandollars I bleed Cardinal

Ooooh, I had this happen a few times in my Lexus. Super intense! Glad nothing bad happened to you.