Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 HW and Road Signs (how to report a mis-read?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has been already discussed.

Less than a week ago, I took delivery of a MXP90D with AP2 HW.

So far, the only logical conclusion I came up with for the road signs is that the car reads from a databse, not from the posted signs on the road.

Two examples:
- A section of the road is limited to 25 MPH. There are several signs (typical vertical rectangles, black writing, White backfground) in succession of 50 to 100 yards. The signs are clearly visible (no branches, no bliding sunlight, etc.). I drove on this section multiple times already. The limit speed on the dash is not displayed (missign from the DB). No matter how many times I drove the section, nothing has changed.

- The dask shows the limit to be 35MPH while the signs clearly reads 30MPH (the change was made recently). I drove twice already in that section. Still the dash shows 35MPH. In another section the dash says limit is 45MPH when clearly the signs say 25MPH.

So two questions:
A) Is there an issue with my AP2 HW? How could I report this bug? How could I check everything is working as expected (self diagnostic)?
B) if and when in AutoPilot, will the car considers the limit to be the one displayed on the dash? If I made a correction (disengaging the AP, setting the cruise to the sign post limits) will that help the car "memorizes" the limit on the section?

Inquisitive minds want to know, and thank you all for reading so far.

i believe the cameras are not even on until you get part of the AP2 firmware update that rolled out to those 1000 cars in California.

I tested the speed assist feature when it first came out couple of weeks ago, and I'm sure it did not read the speed signs, just like you experienced. It just used the GPS database for the speed limit (for now).

Reactions: Lou gagna
So far, the only logical conclusion I came up with for the road signs is that the car reads from a databse, not from the posted signs on the road.

Which is exactly what the release notes said that Speed Assist currently does: "Note: The cameras cannot detect speed limit signs at this time. This functionality is expected to be implemented in a future software update."

img_0013-jpg.207707

• Informative
Reactions: Lou gagna and Tam