TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AP2 Improvements without software update?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jfarlow12, Sep 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jfarlow12

jfarlow12 Member

Hi all,

I am a fairly new Model S 75 owner (purchased May 2017) and I commute 80 miles per day on a winding highway (Highway 154 Santa Barbara, CA) and I received update 2017.36 1b27c6d on Monday. I did the drive home and everything was still pretty normal from what I had been experiencing on 2017.34 as well as 2017.32. The same behavior persisted on Tuesday both to and from work. I did drive to Malibu on Tuesday morning, but the drive home was still the same. On Wednesday morning it was normal, but on the way home on Wednesday, it was noticeably different. Actually a pretty BIG improvement. I commute to and from work at the same times of day and the weather is always consistent. The parts of the drive that were improved were the ability to take curves and some spots it would go off the road to the outside. These off the road experiences were completely resolved, and the curves were greatly improved. Is it possible we get incremental updates without a full software update? Or is it possible that the firmware updates are just the control function and the car gets constant data that the control firmware processes? Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks!

2. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

I’ve seen no evidence of learning or adapting behavior based off repetition or network transferred data on AP2.

Honestly I think it’s most likely coincidence or another factor that isn’t easy to recognize, like the positions of cars in front of you, shadows cast on lane lines, lighting, speed differences, etc.

I’ve seen pretty different behavior day to day on my drives and it’s pretty tempting to read too much into coincidence.