Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 lean left

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So over the weekend I was experiencing this weird bug...my AP2 Model S kept wanting to lean to the left. It was to the point where it was hitting the line. I even adjusted back to the middle and reactivated the AP2 you can see it starts to lean left again. Luckily I wasn't on the furthest to the left lane or else I would be scratching the wall.

Has this happen to you guys before?

So over the weekend I was experiencing this weird bug...my AP2 Model S kept wanting to lean to the left. It was to the point where it was hitting the line. I even adjusted back to the middle and reactivated the AP2 you can see it starts to lean left again. Luckily I wasn't on the furthest to the left lane or else I would be scratching the wall.

Has this happen to you guys before?

My Model X leans left as well. This is a relatively new for me (within the last week).

My AP2 MS 90D has done this many times. The strange part is how the vehicle knows it, just look at the dashboard display. Why Tesla allows the vehicle to drift from the center of the lane is a mystery. I can feel it when the tires hit the lane reflectors. The vehicle has been thoroughly checked by the service center and "auto pilot is working as designed. Camera pitch is within specifications and calibration is at 100%."

Hopefully competition from Cadillac Super Cruise will cause a serious effort to correct these software anomalies and get AP2 on track.

Reactions: pilotSteve
My loaner AP2 Model X does the same. To the point where it seems to be locked onto the left lane line. Twice this weekend the left lane line disappeared an the car swerved left. My AP1 Model S holds dead center and when a line disappears has yet to swerve like this.

I had this and had to visit the service center twice before they fixed it correctly. It started when I replaced my windshield and the cameras apparently weren't mounted at exactly the same angle.

For both visits to the service center, they brought out a camera alignment poster and placed it in front of the cameras look at to check their alignment. Both times the technician said the cameras were already perfectly centered.

On the second visit, though, the technician offered to "clear my DAS" (pronounced, apparently, as "DOS") which was clearing of all previous AP2.0 learning. They said it might work and that AP would require around 100 miles to recalibrate before it becomes available for use again.

This clearing of the "DAS" immediately fixed the issue, and interestingly, my autopilot was immediately available after leaving the service center. Now it drives center in the lane.

It does sound like the technicians didn't know what could cause lane tracking problems, but this fixed it for me.

Try asking them to clear your "DAS" (Driver Assistance System).