TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AP2/MCU1 & V10 - German Model S Release Notes Found Online

Discussion in 'Model S' started by kylelerner, Sep 26, 2019.

?

Do you think AP2/MCU1 Cars will get Smart Sommon

1. Yes, yes, a million times yes!

50.0%
  2. No - let's be real - probably not :/

36.4%
  3. Imma be pissed if it doesn't!

13.6%
  1. kylelerner

kylelerner Member

#1 kylelerner, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    Edit: Yeah, I accidentally spelled "Summon" wrong in the poll. Oh well.

I found the attached screenshots off of a Reddit post. Supposedly from a MCU1 Model S, no mention if AP1/AP2.
    Credit for these images goes to "failion_V2" from this Reddit post.

"failion_V2" mentions that Smart Summon may not be visible on his release notes as it hasn't been Germany regulatory cleared. These release notes may not be enough to assume Smart Summon functionality for that reason.

What's really great to read is that there is a mention of Sentry Mode recording now!
    My AP2/MCU1 2017 Model S was unable to save Sentry Mode clips to a USB flash disk, the Sentry Mode was just a false scare tactic.
    translated_mcu1_german_v10_releasenotes_1.jpg translated_mcu1_german_v10_releasenotes_2.jpg translated_mcu1_german_v10_releasenotes_3.jpg
    He did state that there was no inclusion of Tesla Theater in his V10 release.
    I have attached both the original and and Google Translated variations of the release notes.

Also - I haven't found a single video of a Model S running V10 online anywhere!?
    Have you?! Please post links! All I see anywhere now are Model 3 videos running the latest features.

Attached Files:

2. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t assume anything based on those screen caps about sentry mode recording OR advanced summon.

3. Evee

Evee Member

Massive bummer for mcu1 ap1 but go figure

4. wanche

wanche Member

no video, haha, sad ... went to ask SC about retrofit MCU, they said never heard of it ... super sad...

5. Evee

Evee Member

Really we get joe mode hah. And the new nav buttons.

6. Tintorera

Tintorera Member

Elon has tweeted at least a few times that a MCU1 -> MCU2 swap will be possible, but I have not seen any verified accounts of people that have done it at SC.
    Really a bummer as the MCU2 came just a few monts after i got my Model S. Feels kind of bad that my 100k USD car that is less then 2 years old is missing out on so many featues now with v10. I would gladly pay up to 3k USD for a MCU2 retrofit in my car.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. r0xx0r

r0xx0r Member

A comment on this thread said that car is Dec/2017 Build - So AP2.5/MCU1.

8. viper2ko

viper2ko Active Member

Interesting. It says you can send videos from mobile to play on tesla Cinema. Screen sharing?? If so that may be the work around since mcu1 doesn't have a working browser.

9. wanche

wanche Member

i think it means sending video url to vehicle, not streaming from mobile to car. literally it can send, but it won’t trigger if mcu cannot play video...

10. Jjadmd

Jjadmd Member

Same Boat here! Purchased FSD when I purchased my S90D right when it came out. I think they should upgrade those who purchased FSD first and add in MCU2 as the pricing was 2k more than what it was now. Feel that would really keep old customers happy, I have a feeling that if they do that they would retain more customers , have to be honest, it left a sour taste in my
    mouth when that happened and once I am done with my model S financing I am thinking about abandoning ship. Just not right.

11. emmz0r

emmz0r Senior Software Engineer

LOL those screens look like a threat letter

• Funny x 3
  12. Huskyf

Huskyf Member

I saw on another thread on this forum that one user in USA with MCU1 and AP2 received video and Netflix with a perfect video player no bug no lag and it's a MCU1 I think it's another problem qhit UN/EU regulators please be patient the real version for Europe is not actually public

• Disagree x 2
  13. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

Link?

14. viper2ko

viper2ko Active Member

Lmao. Troll

• Funny x 1
  15. VikH

VikH Supporting Member

If we get real Sentry Mode and Smart Summon, thats a win.

• Like x 1
  16. Ludalicious

Ludalicious Active Member

Is it just me or do those photos look photoshopped

17. Shateam

Shateam Member

Since the release notes were in German, the OP took the time to google translate them into English. So yes, the pics in English are photoshopped but the German ones are authentic.

• Informative x 1
  18. ckoval7

ckoval7 Mild One

That's how the Google Translate app overlays text on an image.

• Informative x 2
  19. r0xx0r

r0xx0r Member

AP2.0 here.

No DashCam or SentryMode recording.
    have Smart Summon and other features.

Autopilot is greatly improved vs the last firmware. Lane change, other people cutting lane situation are much more comfortable.

• Helpful x 1