Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2/MCU1 & V10 - German Model S Release Notes Found Online

Do you think AP2/MCU1 Cars will get Smart Sommon

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edit: Yeah, I accidentally spelled "Summon" wrong in the poll. Oh well.

I found the attached screenshots off of a Reddit post. Supposedly from a MCU1 Model S, no mention if AP1/AP2.
Credit for these images goes to "failion_V2" from this Reddit post.

"failion_V2" mentions that Smart Summon may not be visible on his release notes as it hasn't been Germany regulatory cleared. These release notes may not be enough to assume Smart Summon functionality for that reason.

What's really great to read is that there is a mention of Sentry Mode recording now!
My AP2/MCU1 2017 Model S was unable to save Sentry Mode clips to a USB flash disk, the Sentry Mode was just a false scare tactic.
translated_mcu1_german_v10_releasenotes_1.jpg
translated_mcu1_german_v10_releasenotes_2.jpg
translated_mcu1_german_v10_releasenotes_3.jpg

He did state that there was no inclusion of Tesla Theater in his V10 release.
I have attached both the original and and Google Translated variations of the release notes.

Also - I haven't found a single video of a Model S running V10 online anywhere!?
Have you?! Please post links! All I see anywhere now are Model 3 videos running the latest features.

Attachments

• mcu1_german_v10_releasenotes_3.jpg
    mcu1_german_v10_releasenotes_3.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 115
  • mcu1_german_v10_releasenotes_2.jpg
    mcu1_german_v10_releasenotes_2.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 60
  • mcu1_german_v10_releasenotes_1.jpg
    mcu1_german_v10_releasenotes_1.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 77
  • source_reddit_post.jpg
    source_reddit_post.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
no video, haha, sad ... went to ask SC about retrofit MCU, they said never heard of it ... super sad...

Elon has tweeted at least a few times that a MCU1 -> MCU2 swap will be possible, but I have not seen any verified accounts of people that have done it at SC.
Really a bummer as the MCU2 came just a few monts after i got my Model S. Feels kind of bad that my 100k USD car that is less then 2 years old is missing out on so many featues now with v10. I would gladly pay up to 3k USD for a MCU2 retrofit in my car.

• Informative
Reactions: Hbrink and Jjadmd
Edit: Yeah, I accidentally spelled "Summon" wrong in the poll. Oh well.

I found the attached screenshots off of a Reddit post. Supposedly from a MCU1 Model S, no mention if AP1/AP2.
Credit for these images goes to "failion_V2" from this Reddit post.
What's really great to read is that there is a mention of Sentry Mode recording now!
My AP2/MCU1 2017 Model S was unable to save Sentry Mode clips to a USB flash disk, the Sentry Mode was just a false scare tactic.

A comment on this thread said that car is Dec/2017 Build - So AP2.5/MCU1.

Elon has tweeted at least a few times that a MCU1 -> MCU2 swap will be possible, but I have not seen any verified accounts of people that have done it at SC.
Really a bummer as the MCU2 came just a few monts after i got my Model S. Feels kind of bad that my 100k USD car that is less then 2 years old is missing out on so many featues now with v10. I would gladly pay up to 3k USD for a MCU2 retrofit in my car.

Same Boat here! Purchased FSD when I purchased my S90D right when it came out. I think they should upgrade those who purchased FSD first and add in MCU2 as the pricing was 2k more than what it was now. Feel that would really keep old customers happy, I have a feeling that if they do that they would retain more customers , have to be honest, it left a sour taste in my
mouth when that happened and once I am done with my model S financing I am thinking about abandoning ship. Just not right.