TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AP2 Model X: actually pretty fun?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by disagree, Jan 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. disagree

disagree hos epi to polu

I picked up my Model X at the beginning of December and I really, really like it.

My DS wasn't super responsive; I'm presently getting a noise removed from one of the FWDs; I use what I've been told are not pretty enough kick mats on the back of the front seats because my kids are kids; I don't have any autopilot features; and my windshield ghosts.

But I get to drive a MFing spaceship that emits no exhaust. I haven't been to the gas station in a month. My 3 kids can get in and out with ease. It handles great in snow. The slacker radio has a Dive Bar Jukebox channel.

Man, the thing is freaking amazing. I'll let the future figure itself out, but I can't even begin to describe what a joy it is not to be uptight.

Sorry to rant!

• Like x 5
  2. outie

outie Active Member

You are basically describing a Model X sans AP feature so it's not specific to AP1/2 features. Yes the car itself is pretty cool. Enjoy.

3. polymathic

polymathic Member

I got a December delivery as well, and my MX is in the shop after a tech backed it into a wall, and I've been driving a P85 loaner. When this happened, I was not happy, but I was not my normal self. My normal self would have been furious. I have been so smitten with the MX (and have been really enjoying the P85, too) that I am a lot more forgiving, especially knowing that if I don't like the Tesla experience, there is no other alternative unless I go back to an ICE, which won't be happening!

The MX is not just a car; it's an experience. It feels alive.

• Like x 1
  4. NerdDoc

NerdDoc Member

Also AP2 December delivery for me. I agree with everything! Are you enjoying our crappy windshield washers? It is a privilege to drive. Can't wait until autopilot features as well.