Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 performance - Gaithersburg (270/ICC) to Baltimore daily commute

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a very particular request:
I am taking on a new role which will have me commuting daily from the Intercountry connector from 270 through to central Baltimore. Whilst I imagine the ICC section will be a breeze, I imagine the 95 to 395 leg might be a different story. Does anyone here drive a similar commute with AP2? How does it perform - i.e. any notorious dropouts, bad lane markings, etc.

silver-spring-residents-strike-gold-icc-toll-road-gaithersburg.jpg
img2.jpg

I have driven both of those roads a lot and I have had no real issues. The 2 things I have noticed:

1) 370 East (before the ICC) - there are some pretty big curves in the highway. At 65-70 mph, autopilot is a bit "loose" in staying in the lane. It hugs the left and then the right at different times.
2) 95 North - During fast rush hour (60 mph and over and lots of cars), I have noticed autopilot likes to hug the side of the lane more than I would like, keeping me much closer to the car in the next lane. I'm really not sure what would happen if the car in the next lane came too close to me. Would autopilot correct and move away from the car?

Actually, #2 is not just for 95 North. It is pretty much in all fast highway traffic.

Reactions: MacGreiner