Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 repeaters on AP1 car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
One of my turn signals stopped working so I decided to replace them with the AP2 sidemarkers. Personally, I like the smaller LED strip vs the whole sidemarker lighting up. Install was a few minutes per side. Have some footage I need to edit and I will post a video.

6c455ccd216a595a0a6201762855769f.jpg

32e532aae20bd4f8ebad4c560a3f3ce7.jpg

I'm 100% OK w/ AP1, but wish there was a way to upgrade the sidemarkers to the AP1 w/ cam and get around view for when parking.

Still seems funny that a 2016 Model X, for all the tech they squeezed in, didn't come w/ an around/360 view. The most glaring omission still feels like a front camera for parking.

@ngng - What was the cost for the sidemarkers? I do like the look of them better than the v1's.

Reactions: brainhouston
I'm 100% OK w/ AP1, but wish there was a way to upgrade the sidemarkers to the AP1 w/ cam and get around view for when parking.

Still seems funny that a 2016 Model X, for all the tech they squeezed in, didn't come w/ an around/360 view. The most glaring omission still feels like a front camera for parking.

@ngng - What was the cost for the sidemarkers? I do like the look of them better than the v1's.

I paid < 100 for both used. What I am unclear about is whether the 3/Y fit the S/X.

Reactions: basilray
The 3/Y fit the S/X - I bought them off of ebay (at least 2017-2019 ones) and it fit fine. For install I used blue painters tape around the hole to make sure I didn't accidently scratch the fender. Otherwise <30 min switch out.
Nice, thanks! Gives others way more options. I was searching for only SX and couldn't get any part numbers to cross reference