Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 Software update start rolling out beyond the initial 1000?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Camera calibration completed for me at 100 miles. Someone else got it after 20. I think the secret sauce is to drive 20 miles, turn off the car, and turn it back on.

Be careful on TACC however. If you are new to Tesla and new to AP (like I am), note that TACC does not detect immobile objects in its path. If you TACC from a red light, you will rear end a car in front of you if it fails to move in time to be picked up by Tesla Vision.

Just a reminder to please add your information on upgrades to @HankLloydRight's excellent Firmware Upgrade Tracker here:

http://ev-fw.com/

I put my car in. Only 2 registered with the new firmware last I saw. Hope numbers are up.

Be careful on TACC however. If you are new to Tesla and new to AP (like I am), note that TACC does not detect immobile objects in its path. If you TACC from a red light, you will rear end a car in front of you if it fails to move in time to be picked up by Tesla Vision.

Wow, thanks for the tip. I do this all the time on some of my other cars (enable CC from a stop while preselecting the top speed) and don't think twice about it. Isn't there a front radar on these cars to keep it from slamming into a stationary object??

Wow, thanks for the tip. I do this all the time on some of my other cars (enable CC from a stop while preselecting the top speed) and don't think twice about it. Isn't there a front radar on these cars to keep it from slamming into a stationary object??

I am sure the hardware capability exists. It's going to have to if FSDC is going to work. Just not enabled now and my concern is people are counting on TACC to save them under all cruise control conditions - IT WONT.

That stinks! Have you driven on mostly marked lanes? That seems to help calibrayevaccording to those who received updated software.

Ya, I mean the 400 miles was just the straightforward way from San Diego to San Jose: driving up I-5 through Orange County, LA, Bakersfield, etc, over the hills to 101N and up from Gilroy to SJ. The 60 mile trip was mostly on 101 and the 680 Out to Livermore and back. Not exactly back-country roads or anything.

And, of course, I've been doing periodic surface street driving around for like 20 minutes at a time. The rep I talked to last night seemed to think my experience sounded excessive as well and forwarded it to the support team, but otherwise just suggested to keep driving.

EDIT: I guess I will note that that 400 mile drive was at night and the other was partially in the rain. It sounds like those visibility issues may have an effect on the time it takes.

Last edited:
Ya, I mean the 400 miles was just the straightforward way from San Diego to San Jose: driving up I-5 through Orange County, LA, Bakersfield, etc, over the hills to 101N and up from Gilroy to SJ. The 60 mile trip was mostly on 101 and the 680 Out to Livermore and back. Not exactly back-country roads or anything.

And, of course, I've been doing periodic surface street driving around for like 20 minutes at a time. The rep I talked to last night seemed to think my experience sounded excessive as well and forwarded it to the support team, but otherwise just suggested to keep driving.

EDIT: I guess I will note that that 400 mile drive was at night and the other was partially in the rain. It sounds like those visibility issues may have an effect on the time it takes.

I did Irvine -> Midway Museum which is ~90 miles in the daytime. Calibrated whole trip down and was active when done visiting.

I just got the update for .180 this morning as well. It says auto lights but my lights stayed on all day. Is this what you were talking about?
Yes. They seem very sensitive and come on all the time. The highbeams aren't automatic yet either. A friend was following us in his new S on Saturday and I could see his lights turning on and off, on and off, on and off for over 40 miles. I turned mine off and left them off.

I just received the update on my 90D last night also and ran down to run it immediately after but isn't not what I was expecting. It's the v8.0(2.50.180) update which fixed the Headlight and Rain Sensors, the Supercharger Amenities, Automatic Driver Profiles and the Equalizer Settings. That's about it I'm afraid! :(

You got rain sensors working? I got the .180 update but it didn't include rain sensors, just headlight sensors, fob linking and equalizer. I still have to manually adjust the wiper speed for rain.

Camera calibration completed for me at 100 miles. Someone else got it after 20. I think the secret sauce is to drive 20 miles, turn off the car, and turn it back on.

I put my car in. Only 2 registered with the new firmware last I saw. Hope numbers are up.

I know I have watched countless videos with TACC in stop and go traffic working beautifully on an AP1 car. Perhaps this isn't just yet enabled and will come in a future update. One can hope anyways...