Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 update 17.7.2 new Autopark and Local autosteer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got it this evening... The car reported on the main display it was complete and to "press close" the car rebooted a few times and then on the dashboard it said to "software upgrade please contact Tesla" ... So I called support and they could see the car and stated that it was in the middle of the upgrade and to be patient.. The car really seem to thrash... make a bunch of noises, cycle, reboot.. So I was patient and eventually my phone signaled the upgrade was complete... Now to test ;-)

Reactions: Dj B
Has anyone attempted auto park? I had .36 update and now 7.2 so only thing new is auto park but I haven't found a good location to attempt yet. I had read some owners with HW1 post that there vehicle curbed wheels while auto parking. Hopefully, with all the additional cameras on the HW2 vehicles this will not be any issue!

Has anyone attempted auto park? I had .36 update and now 7.2 so only thing new is auto park but I haven't found a good location to attempt yet. I had read some owners with HW1 post that there vehicle curbed wheels while auto parking. Hopefully, with all the additional cameras on the HW2 vehicles this will not be any issue!
Autopark for Parallel, but not Perpendicular, shows at the beginning of release notes. There is an art to getting the offer for self parking, and I had 8 months of practice with AP1 car. So I went out to check it. The "P" is located differently, more to the side of the car in cluster display, rather than up at diagonal. Maybe this is is where Parallel "P" is, and Perpendicular "P", someday, might show up above?

Final park position more forward than it should be, but spacing to curb was great.

Autosteer worked on my local road to coffee shop, no erratic behavior, but need a lot more testing, just got this update today.

|v8.0(17.7.2)| AP2-HW2 | PUP |

Attachments

• IMG_2407.JPG
    IMG_2407.JPG
    390.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2409.JPG
    IMG_2409.JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    264.4 KB · Views: 119
Got the update last night. Took the car out to try auto steer on local road. On sub-division local road, auto steer was enabled about 10% of the road. However, it worked horribly. The car tends to drive onto the curb, wobble, etc. It is like a 5 year old learning how to drive. So, worse than beta software...

No hurry to get the release