Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 Versus Honda Sensing Suite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was doing some reading on Honda's Sensing Suite over the weekend. It appears to have all of the functionality that AP2 has, but costs only $1000 and is now standard on many Hondas under $30K. Can someone tell me what all AP2 can do that Honda's suite does not, or does AP2 "just work better"? At 5 times the cost, I'm struggling to understand the cost difference. If the functionality is basically the same currently, are you maybe buying the hope that software upgrades to AP2 over the next few years justify the price where Honda doesn't have such updates? Thanks.

I was doing some reading on Honda's Sensing Suite over the weekend. It appears to have all of the functionality that AP2 has, but costs only $1000 and is now standard on many Hondas under $30K. Can someone tell me what all AP2 can do that Honda's suite does not, or does AP2 "just work better"? At 5 times the cost, I'm struggling to understand the cost difference. If the functionality is basically the same currently, are you maybe buying the hope that software upgrades to AP2 over the next few years justify the price where Honda doesn't have such updates? Thanks.

The biggest thing is that the Honda system only works at speeds above 35 mph. Whether ACC supports stop and go traffic tends to be the dividing line between cheap systems and expensive systems. Also, I've found the lane keeping assist will fail on even gentle curves and needs to be "helped" around the curve. No self parking, no automatic lane change, no summon. Basically it feels like a 1k system compared to Tesla's 5k system (my wife has the Honda system on her car, and I driven auto pilot Teslas before as service loaners).