Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 without EAP activated: question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have AP2 car but without the EAP activated. Currently in my center console, I only see the display of the car. The 2 lane markers has disappeared (after software update to v 34). Is this normal?
I took delivery of my car in June 2017, and since new, I never able to see the other vehicle in front of me in this center console (radar function). I was assuming this because I don't have EAP activated. But I just have Model S loaner from Buena Park Service Center, which also a June 2017 car without EAP, and this car showing both the lane markers and cars in front.

Anyone else seeing the same?

Thanks

We have one of the AP2 cars without EAP (I'm waiting to give Tesla a $10K check when FSD can drop me off at the airport, go home park, then come pick me up few days later when I return). Cars and lane markers are showing in our car. Cars in front have to show for AEB feature which is included whether you activate EAP or not. Cars to the sides should show for BSM feature (another safety feature not requiring EAP) however that is not yet implemented - all you get is the ultrasonic BSM which sucks as bad as AP1 BSM does.

It is possible that you have the newer hardware on which Tesla has disabled AEB feature recently: Tesla Turns Off AEB In New Cars

Maybe that latest disablement of the AEB manifests itself as you describe, with all the cars and lane information no longer displayed?

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
could be, my car is at SC now, getting warranty works, told them about this and supposedly they just need to calibrate the radar and camera. thanks for the input. at first the service advisor was saying I don't have the EAP feature, luckily I have the loaner that also has no EAP, so I pointed this out.
I wish Tesla would have better trained service team

Reactions: jjh1234
Not to hijack the thread, but I’m curious. Without EAP, do you have TACC (not autosteer)?
No TACC, just standard cruise control that has nothing to do with AP2 hardware. This is what you get from AP2 hardware without activating EAP (at least that was on the website when we purchased)
SafetyFeatures.png

That, and of course the elusive automatic wiper speed control which apparently has stumped Tesla since it's been 9 months since delivery and auto-wipers are nowhere to be seen. I'm just waiting for Elon to tweet "Who knew auto-wipers was this complicated!" ;)

Without EAP, you will only have standard style dumb cruise control.

No TACC, just standard cruise control that has nothing to do with AP2 hardware. This is what you get from AP2 hardware without activating EAP (at least that was on the website when we purchased)

Gotcha. Thanks! I’m probably in the minority’s here but I wish they’d enable at least TACC on all Tesla’s considering you can now get that on a lot of the cheaper cars.

Gotcha. Thanks! I’m probably in the minority’s here but I wish they’d enable at least TACC on all Tesla’s considering you can now get that on a lot of the cheaper cars.
Yea, but that would cost Tesla some sales. Some people pay the $5K knowing full well there is a good chance the TACC is the only safely usable feature they'll get out of EAP.

Reactions: jjh1234
Just to update, picked up my car yesterday, I must say that Tesla's service in Buena Park is poor. When I get there, they just gave me my key and asked me to sign. They didn't explained what has been done to the car (I have several warranty items such as replacing my defective seat, my door misaligned, etc.)

But now my center console shows the 2 line markers and other car in front of my car, at least that's fixed.