Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP3 upgrade pains

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note (bmah): The thead title has been edited to reflect that, per posts #3 and #4, the upgrade performed was really for AP3, not MCU2.

We have a 2018 MX with FSD. Yesterday our local Tesla shop in Bloomington Illinois upgraded my computer to MCU2. Since then it’s been painful.
1. Cruise control is not available. Every time I try to engage it’s blocked.
2. Vehicle proximity sensor is very loud. I left the car in the garage and it keep beeping being right up the wall. Never happened before. it’s a loud continuing beep
3. Summon is not working. Either with app or with remote.

obviously did multiple reboots. Nothing works. Scheduled another appointment into January for mobile visit.
Not enjoying this $127k car for sure. Too much trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: gaswalla
Hi oenophile2,

After the computer upgrade the Service Center must reinstall the software.
I had my 2.5 to 3 upgrade done two weeks ago.

When you first drive after the upgrade - The "steering wheel" icon in your instrument panel
will behave like a clock or Pac Man symbol which indicates the percentage of calibration complete...
I cannot tell how long or how far this take but it is not too long...
When it is complete there is a message "Calibration Complete" and there is a tone or two...
Until the calibration is complete none of the functions you mentioned will work.

What level is your software???
Have you spoken to the Service Center???

Shawn

• Informative
Reactions: Jays200 and Hebert
Yes the vehicle has Calibrated itself. Had to drive ~20 miles before that happened. I have a follow up scheduled with the service center. Just annoying at this more than anything.

software is 2019.40.50.1
990FBC65-AE8D-45AD-AFAA-31C2D2B58305.jpeg
0AC71E4A-DED2-4965-A550-3437E6B8DD4E.jpeg

Yes the vehicle has Calibrated itself. Had to drive ~20 miles before that happened. I have a follow up scheduled with the service center. Just annoying at this more than anything.

software is 2019.40.50.1
View attachment 492846 View attachment 492847
I started getting that error and lost the ability for AP to slow prior to sharp curves with the 2019.40.2.1. The "Cruise control disabled " error has occurred daily since update. It always seems to fix itself after certain amount of miles while driving. But the only way it will correct itself, if you are parked, is with an overnight deep sleep. A hard reset, soft reset or factory reset does not help. Do not make the mistake of executing a factory reset for this issue. Either let it sleep over night, or drive until it goes away.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Thanks. I am wondering if the service tech at my small town dealership screwed up the upgrade to HW3. The alternate is to find an appointment in chicago and get it looked at. Still continue to get the same error.... Doesnt really go away from sleeping.

I started getting that error and lost the ability for AP to slow prior to sharp curves with the 2019.40.2.1. The "Cruise control disabled " error has occurred daily since update. It always seems to fix itself after certain amount of miles while driving. But the only way it will correct itself, if you are parked, is with an overnight deep sleep. A hard reset, soft reset or factory reset does not help. Do not make the mistake of executing a factory reset for this issue. Either let it sleep over night, or drive until it goes away.

Thanks. I am wondering if the service tech at my small town dealership screwed up the upgrade to HW3. The alternate is to find an appointment in chicago and get it looked at. Still continue to get the same error.... Doesnt really go away from sleeping.
As a note, the X needs to achieve a deep sleep state. If you have any 3rd party software that doesn't allow it to achieve that state, you should disable it. I know with Teslafi you just simply cancel the token. Then reenable it the next morning.

Read this thread. Cruise control not available. The solution from this thread worked for me.