Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP3 Upgrade: What Gets Erased?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i didnt notice anything getting erased.
You do need to recalibrate your cameras, and since tesla does not wash your car anymore, i highly recommend a car wash before, or at least keep all the lenses on your camera clean to make calibration more smooth.

i didnt notice anything getting erased.
You do need to recalibrate your cameras, and since tesla does not wash your car anymore, i highly recommend a car wash before, or at least keep all the lenses on your camera clean to make calibration more smooth.

Really? The Model 3 owners who got the HW3 upgrade have reported that it wiped everything - game saves, spotify logins, driver profiles, etc.

Really? The Model 3 owners who got the HW3 upgrade have reported that it wiped everything - game saves, spotify logins, driver profiles, etc.

i dont game on my tesla, so i wouldnt know.

Homelink - Did not get wiped.
Drivers Settings - Did not get wiped.
Radio Preset - Did not get wiped.
Spotify - Did not check as i do not use it in my car in fear it will wear out my eMMC even tho i have the MCU2 well now 3.
Camera - Yes had to recalibrate everything for about 15 miles of freeway driving.

Here is my invoice on the retrofit.
Tesla.jpg

and also the yellow border MCU Fix, which i hear people are still trying to get.

Mine was updated yesterday -

Homelink - worked
Games - never use, do not know
Drivers settings - worked
WiFi - had to reconnect to home network
Camera - did not have to recalibrate
Bluetooth - had to re-pair phone for voice, but phone as a key still worked
Radio Presets - really strange. They showed up on the "icon screen" but I could not select. I had to go to the station page and favorite each one and then the icon buttons worked.

I also think my maps downgraded, but not 100% sure. When I arrived home it said I had 2019-9 maps and then downloaded 2019-20 maps. I thought I had 2019-20 already.

They did tell me the process was finicky. Usually worked, but sometimes the firmware load had unpredictible issues.

Our 2018 X had the AP3 processor upgrade done this week by mobile service - and other than seeing traffic lights/signs/cones, haven't noticed any difference. No settings were lost or changed.