TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Apex:The Story of the Hypercar

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by NSX1992, Aug 24, 2016.

1. NSX1992

NSX1992 Member

Netflix under 4k videos has a new 1 and 1/2 hour documentary on supercars that I watched last night. With the new P100DL claim to be the quickest car in production and third best ever it was a timely video. It was very well done with videos of actual factories, the men behind the cars, car shows and attempts to set the best times around race courses. It mainly featured Koenigsegg and his One:1 named because it has 1,350 horsepower and weighs 1,350 kilograms. Others included the Ferrari Laferrari, Pagani Bugatti and McLaren. Mr. Koenigsegg also owns a Tesla and he commented that it was a bargain for the performance it has. Tesla apparently was at the Geneva car show. The movie ended with the future of the hypercar going elecrtric. I highly recommend this documentary.

On a side note I am a collector of 1/18 scale model die cast cars. I built a room addition to house my 982 1/18 cars plus 100 others of other scales. My collection includes all makes and all years. Hypercars include the new Ford GT, new NSX, 45 Ferraris, 23 Lamborghinis, 5 Bugattis etc. They are all housed in display cabinets with glass shelves and doors and mirrored backs.

• Like x 1
  2. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Always in Ludicrous mode

+1 I watched this last week very enjoyable!!

3. Dithermaster

Dithermaster Member

Coincidentally I just started watching it tonight, but had to turn it off because I wanted to listed to it loud but folks were going to sleep... I'll pick it up again in a few days. So far it's a great show with some gorgeous machines.

4. Frisco-Dad

Frisco-Dad Member

+1 very enjoyable.

• Like x 1
  5. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Active Member

I've watched it twice. Its fantastic.