Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apology or Swag Bag?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered a car in Mid-June, and got a call from Inside Sales, offering to switch me to an inventory vehicle, as long as I paid before the end of the quarter. I agreed, with a promise of express delivery by the first week of July. When that did not happen, I contacted Corporate to complain, as Tesla had my money, my loan had gone through, and no sign of my vehicle, and no one could tell me where it was. They said they would talk to the store and see what they could do. What I got was a loaner until my vehicle arrives.

Yesterday, out of the blue, a box arrived at my door (back door actually) and inside was Tesla swag, including a hot/cold travel mug, a hat and a matchbox Model X. I am sure that I read (and it was confirmed by the store) that "swag bags" were no longer being offered. So I cannot explain the sudden appearance of these "goodies" on my doorstep. Could it be another way of Tesla saying "I'm sorry you still don't have your car" or is it under-the radar swag?

Apology swag is a thing.
Delivery swag bags no longer a thing?
Apology swag is a thing? I had no idea. There was also a card inside stating that I was entitled to a free detailing of the car. It was unclear if that was in addition to the delivery detail I was promised, or if it was the delivery detail memorialized...I found the swag thread and saw some of the great stuff folks got..jackets, floor mats, etc. Makes this stuff seem pitiful...besides my wife already put dibs on the hat :(

Reactions: Fiddler
Apology swag is a thing? I had no idea. There was also a card inside stating that I was entitled to a free detailing of the car. It was unclear if that was in addition to the delivery detail I was promised, or if it was the delivery detail memorialized...I found the swag thread and saw some of the great stuff folks got..jackets, floor mats, etc. Makes this stuff seem pitiful...besides my wife already put dibs on the hat :(
Careful on the free detail. I received one too since it rained on my delivery day, and they didn't bother to wipe off excess wax, so I have wax showing in every nook and cranny.

Reactions: dragonxt
Careful on the free detail. I received one too since it rained on my delivery day, and they didn't bother to wipe off excess wax, so I have wax showing in every nook and cranny.

If I were you don't do the free detail. They really don't know what their doing.

Just grab a bottle of Optimum No Rinse and "detail" the car yourself.

They also sell instant detailer which works like magic.

If I were you don't do the free detail. They really don't know what their doing.

My car came all swirled. They said they would detail it, but I figured they would just make it worse or break something. I think it's almost impossible not to swirl a black car anyway. I had to have one of my doors replaced. New paint and still swirls. My friends brand new black Range Rover, swirled. Sorry about my off topic rant, unless your car is black. If it is and you don't like swirls get a full Xpel wrap.

The service center/store I go to did someone else on TMC''s car, and it looked amazing. We have the same color. I am going to let them do it.

And which "they" sells instant detailer? Tesla? Amazon? I have been using Meguiars quick detailer for 20 years since I got my first BMW. If there is something better I would be open to trying it...

The service center/store I go to did someone else on TMC''s car, and it looked amazing. We have the same color. I am going to let them do it.

And which "they" sells instant detailer? Tesla? Amazon? I have been using Meguiars quick detailer for 20 years since I got my first BMW. If there is something better I would be open to trying it...
Unless you have a white car I strongly recommend you reconsider wether or not they should detail your car.

This is their product.

Amazon.com: Optimum (ID2008P) Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer - 17 oz.: Automotive

I'm Confident you will like this better. Check out Optimums other products as well. They are amazing.

Unless you have a white car I strongly recommend you reconsider wether or not they should detail your car.

This is their product.

Amazon.com: Optimum (ID2008P) Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer - 17 oz.: Automotive

I'm Confident you will like this better. Check out Optimums other products as well. They are amazing.
Thanks for the link. Unless your experience was with this particular service center, I don't see how there can be a comparison. My SC did a phenomenal job and I have seen the proof.