Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App access

Ravikishore

Mar 29, 2021
Grand Cayman
Hi,
I brought the car from Tesla Miami and had it shipped to Cayman Islands where I live. My car has safely reached Cayman Islands ( minus the keys which have been fedexed and will reach next week). I will have customs released by tomorrow. I Need some clarity on two issues.
1. I could access the car charge etc on the app while the car was parked in Miami port before shipment. After it has reached Cayman, I am unable to access the car on the app. It throws up the following - see screenshot showing vehicle connection error.
1617049979495.png

Is this because the US SIM in the car is not recognized in Cayman Islands ? If not, how can I resolve the problem. The sales person from Miami - Andre asked me to contact you.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC