Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App always shows "Software Update in Progress"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I received an update on my iPhone that a software update was available for my Model S. I went into the app and started the software update process. At about the same time, Tesla released a software update to the app itself. I waited to update the app until the car's software update should have been completed, around 3 hours. I then updated the app through the iPhone software update function. I then opened the app and it still shows "Software Update in Progress." It has now been two days since the car's software was updated. How can I get the iphone app to stop showing "Software Update in Progress?" Thanks.

1. Turn off your phone and turn it back on.

or Remove the app(garbage) and re-download it. Somewhere in there hopefully it will get you back up to speed.

I had the same thing happen when updating to 2018.50.6. Tried all these things, and the status never cleared in the app. Just decided to live with it, and when the next update (happened to be 2019.8.3) installed, the notice on the app cleared and it's been fine since then...