Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App and phone key not working iPhone 13

ja2012

Aug 25, 2021
Denver
Hi there,

since the latest iPhone 12 software update to iOS 14.7.1, my phonekey and app have suddenly stopped working. I can’t even get to a screen where I can edit them. I uninstall and reinstall the Tesla app, and I turn off the phone and or the Bluetooth settings and turn them back on, and nothing. My wife has an android and hers is still connecting no problems to the car. The error message I get is “Failed to load. Please try again. NSURLErrorDomain”.

Anyone else with this problem? Any tips?

thanks, Andrew

Attachments

• 43A360DD-F983-4067-8F80-25AA72690ADE.png
    43A360DD-F983-4067-8F80-25AA72690ADE.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 33

alexcue

Aug 5, 2020
Los Angeles
FYI, my camera was recalibrated through the settings. It only took about a 12 miles for it to work and get autopilot running. Still doing windshield in morning. I can set it manually for face, but even after driving for 20 miles and putting it on auto after it defaults to windshield vent.

Plu1357

Jun 20, 2019
Billerica MA
It worked fine with my iPhone XS. Got my new iPhone 13 Pro today and transferred everything from the XS. Followed the procedure to reconnect Tesla Model 3 phone key with success. However cannot connect the phone and media player. Click on Search on the Tesla Add Device screen and saw the spinner for more than 10 minutes. It fails to find any new devices. Obviously, the Bluetooth connections to Apple Watch, AirPod Pro and Tesla Phone Key are all working properly. Anybody has suggestions?

Saxgod

Thread Necromancer
May 3, 2019
Texas
It worked fine with my iPhone XS. Got my new iPhone 13 Pro today and transferred everything from the XS. Followed the procedure to reconnect Tesla Model 3 phone key with success. However cannot connect the phone and media player. Click on Search on the Tesla Add Device screen and saw the spinner for more than 10 minutes. It fails to find any new devices. Obviously, the Bluetooth connections to Apple Watch, AirPod Pro and Tesla Phone Key are all working properly. Anybody has suggestions?
Had a slight issue with initial config. Had to make sure there weren’t any other phones connected (including my old one) before the new would setup key and Bluetooth. Other than that it was flawless.

dudeastronaut

Oct 15, 2021
Massachusetts
I have had a few instances where my iPhone 13 Pro would not connect to my Model 3; as in the vehicle would not recognize it when approached thus not unlocking. Cycling Bluetooth may have helped however in another instance the car recognized the phone after ~10 seconds (as I look like Im trying to break into my own car haha). I have a magsafe case, maybe that's a factor? Nevertheless, seems kind of strange.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC