Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App charge limit percentages are off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has happened before and ended up fixing itself later. But I cant seem to be able to set the charge limit to 100%, going all the way to the max sets it to 98%. And setting it to 90% (I even feel the phone vibrate indicating I set it right on the mark), it sets to 89%.

Anyone experience this before? I have restarted the Tesla app, but that didnt solve the issue.

Charging (2).png

Charging (1).png

By any chance do you have Sentry Mode set to always be active, even when parked at home? What about Summon/Smart Summon (requires FSD)?
To calibrate, the Tesla's battery management system periodically needs to measure the open cell voltage (OCV) for each of the cells in the battery pack. If you leave these features active, the Tesla vehicle never fully shuts down (goes into sleep mode) and the high voltage battery pack does not disconnect from the rest of the Tesla vehicle so that the OCV measurements can be recorded.

If you have Sentry Mode, Summon mode active you should go into the settings and select to turn these off when parked at the home location. Charge to 100% or as high as the Tesla will charge but don't leave the battery with a full charge. Drive until the battery pack is mostly depleted, perhaps below 30%. Then charge daily to no more than 90%.

Happens to me often, especially when cold and low SoC. I've had the max slider as low as 94%. If I charge to 90%, it goes back to normal, but it drifts back down.

With my daily SoC set to 80%, I usually find the app showing the 2nd highest bar as 79%. Personally, I don't worry about it.