TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

App charge locations not pertinent

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by VanillaAir_UK, Dec 29, 2019.

1. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

Not that I use the information in anger, but I'm noticing that the charge locations (supercharger and destination) are way out. Car location is correct, but not the charge locations being offered.

Oxford, Membury, Newport Pagnell superchargers - would expect Fleet, Heathrow, Liphook etc.
    Frilford Heath Golf Club, Oxford Country Cottages, Sudbury House destination.

Distances look about right though, so it knows I'm not local to them.

They are quite possibly stale as came south on M6/M40 yesterday, but no amount of refreshing/closing of app updates the list.

2. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

Unfortunately the distances to Superchargers seem to be given "as the crow flies" which in some cases is really quite unhelpful! We have a supercharger that is given as 19 miles away in the app but the driving distance is nearly 38 miles!

3. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

I am aware of point to point distances - pita as you say, especially when sorted by distance in car display. These are definitely wrong, not what is normally displayed - expect fleet, heathrow, liphook etc and a specific destination charger at around 3 miles and not somewhere in oxfordshire at 37 miles.