Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App charge status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having this happen where the app says you charged at an "other" location when you don't?

I know other would be like somewhere besides home or a supercharger but with the exception of when I visit my mom and use her HPWC, (which I've not done at all in the last 2 months) I literally only charge at home or superchargers. So I can't figure where these other spots are coming from. Just seems odd

And no I don't use SC as my primary charge to save money, (which I hear some folks do) since I have free utilities at home and the nearest SC is 45 min each way from my house anyway, I just travel a whole lot.

Screenshot_20220605-152515.png

According to Tesla app, other represents fixed cost that represents all charging other than at supercharger or at home. My app shows this to represent $0.23 kWh for CA. You can customize this rate if you like.

According to Tesla app, other represents fixed cost that represents all charging other than at supercharger or at home. My app shows this to represent $0.23 kWh for CA. You can customize this rate if you like.
Notice the total spent $0 bit? I have adjusted the app to say that I don't pay for utilities. But I just don't get where it thinks the other location is since I only charge at home or while traveling

Notice the total spent $0 bit? I have adjusted the app to say that I don't pay for utilities. But I just don't get where it thinks the other location is since I only charge at home or while traveling
Any chance you charged in a parking garage, or maybe a valet charged your car for you, but you forgot about it? Did you have your car serviced anywhere (other than Tesla)? If not, I guess it’s a bug in the app where it‘s including older charging at your mom’s house.

Any chance you charged in a parking garage, or maybe a valet charged your car for you, but you forgot about it? Did you have your car serviced anywhere (other than Tesla)? If not, I guess it’s a bug in the app where it‘s including older charging at your mom’s house.
I only charge at my house and my mom's house and supercharging. I don't use public stations because I can't find free ones anymore, and I do my own services with the occasional one Tesla has to do because of a restricted part or I need a diagnosis. But I've not been to Tesla in a few months and they never charge my car unless I ask them to. It's definitely a bug I was just wondering if other people have the same thing on theirs.

Any times where you parked differently at your house while charging?

Anecdotally, for whatever reason (but it has consistently done this for years), if I'm in my driveway, the car/app register as my address, but if I'm parked in the garage, it reports as my neighbor's address.

EDIT: I can't check in the app to see if I have the same problem because my car's software load is too old and don't have this functionality in the app, apparently.

Someone previously mentioned it and I’m seeing the same thing you are with ‘other” charging. I notice that my car shows my neighbors address depending on which side of the garage I’m parked on. What drew my attention to this is I would get an alert that sentry was turned “on” and it shouldn’t when I’m parked at home.