TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

App: Climate turns itself off a few seconds after I turn it on....

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Soundchasr, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Soundchasr

Soundchasr Member

It seems just about every time I turn on the heat/AC with the Android app it turns itself off after a few seconds. If I turn it back on again it stays on. Anyone else have this problem and know a fix?

Thanks.

2. ba2002

ba2002 Member

Mine behaves the same way 75% of the time. Rest of the time it works on the first try. ::shrug::

3. Philgrover

Philgrover Member

I think it is probably just overlapping messages. The app fetches the car status in the background. If you turn the heat on too quickly, the status message you get is the old one and out of date. If you then wait 30s or so, you'll get another update with the heat turned on. The heat will have turned on when you pressed the button. That seems to be how mine behaves anyway.

4. bredi

bredi Member

this can be dangerous with dogs in the car. I have to remind my wife and myself to check again to make sure its active.

I also wish there would be a time limit you can set or remove. And a notification that it will turn off soon.