Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Connection down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There as on now in Apple App Store.
C9D844D1-B08F-4648-A75B-BA939DB2F764.png

Is Tesla planning to announce what was happened?
Based on past Tesla comms history, I can't wait to see what happens. Part of the reason this was such a mess is that there was no comms until they finally changed the message we all saw in the app. People wouldn't have called and buried Support if it had said 'maintenance (true or not, Electrek says it was, who knows)' from the beginning.

That would have also prevented people using the app for their 3's logging out and not being able to log in again and being screwed.

Some of the above 'speediness' may be to some phones/apps not having reconnected since they were disconnected over the weekend. As for DOS/DDOS, I don't know either. Most modern cloud infrastructure has means to counteract that, depending on the type.

What a cluster, is my impression right now. :mad:

Yeah, I've noticed the app is connected to the car as you open it. It would have to sync up previously... which took a second or two (and up to 10-15 seconds at their longest). This is a great improvement (or unintended consequence!)
Not sure if there’s really a change. I just opened the Tesla app and it says (as usual) updated 8 minutes ago and then changed to updated just now. I still think the weekend just cleared out a bunch of connected devices that were there forever. But there could have actually been an improvement.

The problem is, unless there’s some unexpected announcement, we’ll never know.

Reactions: ahkahn
What a flaky app. I'm getting a "check internet connection" error at my house which has strong wifi. Wish this thing would work properly again.
It is virtually never 'internet' issues, but either a problem getting to the server or the server itself. Mine is working as of right now.

What I always do with any app that has issues is close it (swipe up in the iOS app list, I have no idea for Android :) ) and reopen it. That's the best way to start from scratch.

Do not logout and login since if you depend on being logged in, as Model 3 users do to open their car, you will be toast.